Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Y with no carbon fiber spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TampaY

Supporting Member
Mar 18, 2020
Tampa, FL
I purchased a performance Y without the performance upgrades. I do love the look of the 21 inch wheels, but need the ride quality and range of the 19 inch Geminis. Regardless, my MVPA shows that the car should have a spoiler, and it doesnt. Also, the badge on the rear is the LR AWD badge (it does not have the red underline). Yes, I verified that in the user interface the car does show a performance with the underline. Should I put a request in to have these items fixed? Seems kind of a petty to do during COVID, but also am concerned that I didnt get something that I bought? Anyone else have a Performance without the badge and spoiler out there? Maybe this is just normal.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 6.50.10 PM.png

Image from iOS (9).jpg

I purchased a performance Y without the performance upgrades. I do love the look of the 21 inch wheels, but need the ride quality and range of the 19 inch Geminis. Regardless, my MVPA shows that the car should have a spoiler, and it doesnt. Also, the badge on the rear is the LR AWD badge (it does not have the red underline). Yes, I verified that in the user interface the car does show a performance with the underline. Should I put a request in to have these items fixed? Seems kind of a petty to do during COVID, but also am concerned that I didnt get something that I bought? Anyone else have a Performance without the badge and spoiler out there? Maybe this is just normal.

View attachment 530448

View attachment 530450
I am in the same boat. I heard from my service center that they ordered the spoiler and badge. Just no word on what that will come in...

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Steve
I honestly think the spoiler is a mistake/typo or whatever, if you look at the stealth M3, no spoiler either. So I wouldn't count on getting one if you get a stealth MY. Tesla has been known to get this wrong ;)

I honestly think the spoiler is a mistake/typo or whatever, if you look at the stealth M3, no spoiler either. So I wouldn't count on getting one if you get a stealth MY. Tesla has been known to get this wrong ;)
You are wrong. Look online. The config shows the spoiler on the stealth model y and not on the AWD. Also under the performance upgrade it doesn't say anything about the spoiler. So the spoiler for the model Y is on both performance models.

This youtuber also got the performance without pup and did not get the spoiler/badge (though he should have), he explains his situation and that Tesla confirmed he should have gotten the spoiler and badge. @2:45 if the time doesn't start with the linked video.

• Informative
You are wrong. Look online. The config shows the spoiler on the stealth model y and not on the AWD. Also under the performance upgrade it doesn't say anything about the spoiler. So the spoiler for the model Y is on both performance models.

I don't disagree with you, never even said it did say or not say if it comes with a spoiler, all I am saying is I am guessing Tesla rushed getting photos up and used the same one for both versions, stealth and pup. I assume they would have it match the model 3 where the stealth version doesn't have a spoiler, after all, isn't that what stealth is all about? Also dont you find it odd all stealth versions don't have one from the factory? Just saying I think eventually Tesla will fix this on the website

• Disagree
Reactions: jasonLA and DDrawer
I took my "stealth" Performance Model Y in today for a second service appointment since delivery to have some panel alignments corrected. Surprisingly, I looked on the final invoice and it mentioned a badge, so I asked them about it and they said the line was missing so they added it. I wonder if it's supposed to have it, because if you go into the car's console where it show's the VIN/mileage, it shows the "DUAL MOTOR" badge with the red underline too. They also said they didn't have any spoilers in stock and were going to order one (I was confused as I never bothered to ask about it since I assumed it was the PUP version only) and email me to have it installed when it arrived. I think a bunch of things went overlooked on the stealth models.

It is confirmed that the Performance Model Y should have the red underline badge as well as the carbon fiber spoiler. Tesla never called the performance model without the upgrade package a stealth, that's something people have just been saying around here based on the Model 3 "stealths" which actually were a "thing" because they existed before the performance upgrade package existed.

If your monroney sticker says you bought a carbon spoiler, then you get a carbon spoiler. Further more, the model 3 performance upgrade package shows that it adds a carbon spoiler. Meaning you would not get that spoiler without the PUP on the model 3.
upload_2020-4-8_23-11-1.png

BUT, the model Y does not include the carbon spoiler with the PUP. Meaning, you get the spoiler with the performance trim regardless of PUP.

upload_2020-4-8_23-12-5.png

It is confirmed that the Performance Model Y should have the red underline badge as well as the carbon fiber spoiler. Tesla never called the performance model without the upgrade package a stealth, that's something people have just been saying around here based on the Model 3 "stealths" which actually were a "thing" because they existed before the performance upgrade package existed.

If your monroney sticker says you bought a carbon spoiler, then you get a carbon spoiler. Further more, the model 3 performance upgrade package shows that it adds a carbon spoiler. Meaning you would not get that spoiler without the PUP on the model 3.
View attachment 530549

BUT, the model Y does not include the carbon spoiler with the PUP. Meaning, you get the spoiler with the performance trim regardless of PUP.

View attachment 530550
Do you think the MY will ever get track mode?

View attachment 530448

View attachment 530450
I was skeptical about the 21 wheels and ride quality but it is much better than I expected. Very happy with them. I do hate to lose the 35 miles range because of the 21's but I can't stand the look of the 19 Gemini wheels. To me they look cheap. I wish they would make the Uberturbine in a 19" version with a tire sidwall that would actually protect the wheel.

My Model Y, delivered on March 27th, was supposed to come with a spoiler. From what the delivery man told me, there was a problem with the installation of spoilers on some Model Y's, so they ended up delivering without the defective spoiler; instead one needs to call (or be called?) to get it installed some time after delivery. I think they wanted to deliver as many cars before the end of the quarter. I personally didn't mind since I *really* wanted my Model Y (and I love it!)
I will call my service center (Tysons Corner, in Vienna, VA) and check on the status and when I can get it installed. I scheduled a ceramic coating install on the 20th that's pending the installation of the spoiler.