Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
63472AFB-3141-4097-8334-8CE4EFFBAF01.jpeg

After a month of ownership I decided to remove the caps and I’m loving it.

I had seen videos of the hub caps leaning slight marking on the wheels and I confirm that my wheels had minor spots in the same spots on all the wheels. I had ordered the wheel and lug nut cover from Tesla and I like the look it gives it. Gave my car a wash and snapped this today.

View attachment 793870
After a month of ownership I decided to remove the caps and I’m loving it.

I had seen videos of the hub caps leaning slight marking on the wheels and I confirm that my wheels had minor spots in the same spots on all the wheels. I had ordered the wheel and lug nut cover from Tesla and I like the look it gives it. Gave my car a wash and snapped this today.
Looks great. I may decide to do the same. Are you noticing the range difference?

Looks great. I may decide to do the same. Are you noticing the range difference?
So today was my first day driving it without the hub caps. I loaded Yakima hitch bike rack with 3 bikes and one small bike in the trunk. Then I went on a nice drive to buy a few things. Long story short no, I did not notice anything that will cause me to take notice. It was a bit windy and I was carrying bikes but even then the loss in percentage looks similar to me having them on. I started driving at 80% and now it sits at 73%.

I know I didn’t provide distance and speed and weight but I did not notice any shortage in battery percentage.

Btw I’m LOVING Gemini wheels. I’m happy I went with chrome OEM covers. To me they give the car a more luxury, sporty appearance. So happy I went this route.

Attachments

• C98473DD-845F-4B5E-A188-AF3E4649F059.jpeg
    C98473DD-845F-4B5E-A188-AF3E4649F059.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 280
2022 MYP OD: 12/6/2021 Blue / Black, No Tow, VIN# NF394XXX (Born 03/02/2022 @ 8:15am) AMD Ryzen, heated wipers and Lithium battery. 265/40R21 & 295/40R21 Michelin Sport Pilot 4's. Full MAXpider floor mats, Hansshow Auto Frunk kit, Amazon Premium A Mud flaps, Avalon King Armorshield IX Ceramic Coat, Crystal Shield PPF rocker panel, 25% Ceramic tint to both front windows & JOWUA folding Phone holder.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: Drano