Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pick up in Bay Area Only, I live in DC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed a M3 I liked on the Tesla website but it said, “Located in Bay Area and must be picked up at a local delivery center.” Does that mean I cant buy it and ask Tesla to ship it to DC? Isn’t that what the $1200 destination and doc fee is for? Thank you

I noticed a M3 I liked on the Tesla website but it said, “Located in Bay Area and must be picked up at a local delivery center.” Does that mean I cant buy it and ask Tesla to ship it to DC? Isn’t that what the $1200 destination and doc fee is for? Thank you

You already bought a car, though... right?

I just had to make the decision and went with a 2018 LR RWD Model 3. Took delivery on Saturday. The vin in the 44xxx range which as best I can tell was built in 3rd qtr of 2018 so it had the new seats. I bought it directly from Tesla for $39,100, 23k miles, and it has FSD. When full charges at 100% it has a 308 range. Silver (which a prefer because it is rarer) w 18 inch wheels. I have been happy w the choice. Nice not to have to upgrade anything as it has the rear heated seats, home link and the FSD. Also, don't have to pay the $1200 doc fee. It was located in MD and I live in DC so no transport fee. It has very little wear and tear but if it has been abused was willing to lose the $500 deposit. Also, it had a star crack in the windshield and at first they refused to fix it but told them I would not accept it cracked an amazingly they fixed it.