Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PIN screen failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has only happened once but earlier this week I was unable to view the pin pad on my screen on my MS75D. Anyone else experience this issue?
A16809C6-6C13-4499-A9D9-FA020150712F.jpeg

Welcome aboard. Looks more like an eMMC issue to me rather than a PIN-specific issue. This means your MCU is potentially on it's way out. Search this forum as there are LOTS of conversations about this, all of the symptoms which vary from car to car and also come and go, as well as discussion about fixes and ongoing and potential future legal battles w/Tesla over the whole thing. If you're under warranty have Tesla replace it before it gets worse and/or leaves you stranded. If you're out-of-warranty (they seem to fail right around the time most warranties expires since it's 4-5 years give or take) there's options to have it fixed via 3rd party shops that is MUCH easier while it's still functioning before it craps out completely and you potentially lose data. Use the search function and set plenty of time to absorb it all. I hope for your sake I'm wrong.

Reactions: Akikiki