Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planning a road trip to Ireland M3 Wh/km or mile and gradients

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Steve446

Dusty Crophopper, M3 LR 2021 Midnight Silver
I'm planning a road trip to Ireland end April. ABRP is very good at estimating energy consumption for most of the routes I will take. However it has a few bugs on certain routes and will not always complete a circuit in remoter areas. I think it believes that in some cases there's no though road.

A good example is plotting a route from Dingle Town over the Conor Pass to Tralee in County Kerry. Starting in Dingle - it just will not navigate over Conor Pass but tries to take me via the southerly route via Annascaul.

Does anybody have some Wh/km or Mile data for gradients or springtime drives for the M3 LR? The only other experience I had was in last summer in Normandy driving from St Leonard des Bois to the Belvédère des Avaloirs, a gradient of 4.9% and a climb in altitude of about 365 metres over 16 km. My M3 gave me 302 Wh/km and 8% of battery (5.5 kWh) on that day @ 29°C.

The Conor Pass from Dingle is an average of 5.6% over 7 km (10 to 400 M). I assume my M3 will give me something North of 300 Wh/km for that (~190Wh/Mile). Just useful to know that consumption since I will need to plan a SuC stop in Tralee afterwards.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!