Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plantation, FL Supercharger Expansion [Now Operational]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Tesla and we want it to reopen quickly, I think next week is highly unlikely due to economics. Many permits posted here show Supercharger stations cost $150,000. Tesla pays little to nothing monthly rent. The shopping center is worth many millions and the owner collects more in rent each month than the Supercharger station is worth. The owner and tenants want to rebuild as quickly as possible and any rebuilding will need substantial staging area. Is it possible they will leave not just the Supercharger area available, but also the driveways leading to it? Sure, but much more likely they will fence off the whole parking lot for reconstruction staging. I hope I'm wrong but that's the way most construction projects work.
In accordance with what Bighorn posted, the Superchargers are located in The Fountains shopping mall which is across the street from the Market at University, the strip mall that was the site of the explosion. If you click on the link that I provided in posting #17, I have a map of the location showing the proximity of the Superchargers to the site of the explosion. So the driveway to the Superchargers is located away from the driveways to the mall in which the explosion occurred.

Larry

In accordance with what Bighorn posted, the Superchargers are located in The Fountains shopping mall which is across the street from the Market at University, the strip mall that was the site of the explosion. If you click on the link that I provided in posting #17, I have a map of the location showing the proximity of the Superchargers to the site of the explosion. So the driveway to the Superchargers is located away from the driveways to the mall in which the explosion occurred.

Larry
Ok. It must be foreshortened optics because in several news stories I saw it looked like the Supercharger posts were in the background of the same parking lot.

The Tesla superchargers are across the street from where the explosion happened. That parking lot may be used as a staging areas for a few weeks as ArizonaP85 has stated.

See this screenshot to get a sense of location: Imgur
Possible if the two malls are owned by the same entity. That was never my impression, but that’s not definitive, obviously. The mall with the damage appeared to have an adequate lot. We’ll know soon enough.