Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portland, ME - Sunday September 24 2023 - National Drive Electric Week 2023 -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Sunday, September 24th, from 12pm to 4pm there will be a National Drive Electric Week Event in Portland, ME.

The NDEW event page is at National Drive Electric Week • Drive Electric - Portland • Portland, ME • Sep 24, 2023
If you're interested in attending in any capacity you can sign up there.

It will be in the Back Cove Trail parking lot across Preble St from Hannaford/the Portland Supercharger.

The event will include a Drive & Ride with reservable spots every 15 minutes.
We try to get cars from dealers, but we can't always get them to come or provide cars. This year there's more inventory so hopefully we'll get a good showing.

In the Drive & Ride, because we can't always get cars from dealers, and because there are companies such as Tesla and Rivian that don't have dealers we also ask for volunteers to offer their own cars for the Drive & Ride. We prefer and prioritize (and really, really, really appreciate) cars made available for test drives, but also appreciate people who offer rides and may have spare slots for that.

If you would like to participate in the Drive & Ride either way, or just want to attend and do show and tell to visitors, we ask that the car not be dirty or messy inside. It's not a car show, so we don't expect detailing, we just want it to be tidy and clean enough to give visitors a positive impression.

If you attend and show your car and don't participate in the Drive and Ride, we are also happy if you offer ad hoc informal rides and drives. The Drive & Ride is just a way we can offer a more formalized system with scheduling.

We can't say the test drive route for sure because of construction, but last year the suggested route for drives or rides was
View attachment 858443
That route allows an opportunity for a brisk merge onto I-295.

I've attended this event and there were lots of people coming through with questions and interest in the cars and owners experiences.

I'll put in a plug for National Drive Electric Week events in general - if Portland Maine is a bit far for you consider attending an event closer to home. There are lots of events in the region, and more still being added. These events are a great opportunity to share your experiences with people considering the purchase of an EV.

Thank you to anybody who has/is participating in NDEW events. Not as many people as last year, but still got some people driving and riding in EVs and asking questions.

Also, there was more variety of cars than last year. And if nothing else these events can also be enjoyable opportunity for EV owners to get together and talk.

Heard a tale of woe about driving a Toyota bZ4X without having been told about the DCFC nerfing. Ouch. They don't have that car any more. ;)

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer