Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power seat switch broken! $1.10 for the part. 6 minutes to replace.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 M3 LR - same problem as above. The trim piece broke off months ago, and I was able to reattach it. It got knocked off again this time taking part of the switch with it. This is a faulty design; it should be either much stronger, better protected, or more resilient and compliant to the traffic it will naturally get. So far T is refusing to cover the charge, $142. I'll keep asking nicely.

I just ran into the same issue. Tesla charged me $123 and were not willing to cover under warranty. Plates are cheap and break easily, quality is worse than a Fischer Price toy. So far we’re not impressed with our new model 3 (3months old). Had to take it in for a wheel alignment on the first day of ownership. Tesla seems to be cutting too many corners to make this car cheaper. Our friend’s 2019 M3 LR has no such issues.

2022 M3 LR - same problem as above. The trim piece broke off months ago, and I was able to reattach it. It got knocked off again this time taking part of the switch with it. This is a faulty design; it should be either much stronger, better protected, or more resilient and compliant to the traffic it will naturally get. So far T is refusing to cover the charge, $142. I'll keep asking nicely.
Don’t hold your breath. Tesla has been trying to be profitable in last couple of years, they’re not doing many free/good faith repairs of late I hear