Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y rear seat folding latch not working - Part on backorder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own my Model Y for almost 4 months now. I noticed quite quickly that the latch for folding down the left back seat(driver side) was not working. The button in the trunk works but not the latch/handle in the seat itself. This means that I’m not able to set the seat in the more reclined position, such that the seat is against the trunk cover without a gap.
This latch was probably already broken on delivery, but I never checked it until I used it the week or so after.

Does anybody have had the same malfunction as my car has?

I reported the issue and visited the service center in my area. I took them quite some hours to figure out the part that is broken before putting it back together with the same parts, as they did not have any spares.
Tesla has since moved the appointment a couple times with reason that the spare parts are not available. I have to plan the appointment with work and private life, as almost all of us would need to, I guess. Tesla is not offering a replacement vehicle during the repair. The main thing here is it is becoming quite the nuisance, as Tesla moves the service appointment only ~1,5 day in advance but it is planned more than a month ahead.
I was aware of the somewhat different service compared to other brands but waiting on a simple part for the back seat for couple of months while delivering new vehicles on the daily is just wrong.