Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power wall the Truth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That article may be an accurate analysis for Australia, but it is certainly not for the part of the US that I live in, where my electric utility only pays me $0.03 to $0.04/kWh for the surplus energy I feed back into the grid. See Understanding Net Energy Metering (NEM) and Your Bill

So for me it makes more sense to self consume as much energy as I can reasonably use and for me to have battery storage to reduce the amount of peak rate energy I draw from the grid after the sun goes down.

I don't know what country you live in, you will need to do your own analysis.

By the way, there is a comment at the bottom of that article page you linked to by someone named "Keef Wivanef". He is a crazy guy who thinks that Tesla cars spontaneously have their wheels fall off and they crash. This of course is patently untrue, but being in touch with reality is not his strong suit. He posts everywhere he can about how Tesla is going to fail any day now. Meanwhile, Tesla keeps building and selling thousands of cars every month and improving they regularly with OTA updates and new features.

Last edited: