Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF and Modesta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Calling all experts and owners!

I will be receiving a Model 3 performance White/White (hopefully) soon!

Due to crappy roads around Philly (with flying stones/debris) and all-too-common narrow parking spots, I am definitely getting a XPEL PPF to front end and doors.

Question 1: For another 1500 is it worth wrapping the whole rest of the car? Rear end (trunk/bumper) and pillars?

I am intrigued by Modesta Glass coating. If it makes me wash my car less, I am intrigued. And since I am NOT a professional detailer or even experienced car enthusiast (far from it), I likely will not be washing as properly and precisely as I could.

Question 2: Anyone have experience with Modesta BC-04 vs BC-08 and what it adds to the paint finish?

Thanks in advance!

Additional $1500 is a decent price to get protection on every surface. Don't forget extended rocker coverage. My installer went up the quarter panels with the rocker PPF and blended the rear door body line with the film.

No experience with glass coating but I do love Ceramic Pro ceramic coating. Keeps the car cleaner longer and no major dirt sticks to the paint.

Additional $1500 is a decent price to get protection on every surface. Don't forget extended rocker coverage. My installer went up the quarter panels with the rocker PPF and blended the rear door body line with the film.

No experience with glass coating but I do love Ceramic Pro ceramic coating. Keeps the car cleaner longer and no major dirt sticks to the paint.

I was thinking of doing what you did on your doors but on a white car I'm worried about being able to see the seam on PPF over time. Any issues/concerns with that for you so far?

Depending on the shop, you should be given various options and prices. Based on how much coverage, the quality of the material, and the quality of the installation, you will little to no seams, edges, or gaps. Whenever you choose a "partial" coverage of a panel, you will definitely see the line where the material ends. To prevent this, you need to cover the entire panel.

So I went with max protection. Full XPEL and Modesta.
A lot has to do with you detailer. As mentioned above, if they know what they are doing and have experience, they will tell you how much and where to do to minimize seams and other noticeable features.
I am set to pick my car up today. Super excited. I have seen pictures and it looks awesome! Lots of single piece applications for mirrors, rear, front, etc.
And whatever keeps my car looking brand news with minimal upkeep and "professional-level" cleaning, I am all for!

Calling all experts and owners!

I will be receiving a Model 3 performance White/White (hopefully) soon!

Due to crappy roads around Philly (with flying stones/debris) and all-too-common narrow parking spots, I am definitely getting a XPEL PPF to front end and doors.

Question 1: For another 1500 is it worth wrapping the whole rest of the car? Rear end (trunk/bumper) and pillars?

I am intrigued by Modesta Glass coating. If it makes me wash my car less, I am intrigued. And since I am NOT a professional detailer or even experienced car enthusiast (far from it), I likely will not be washing as properly and precisely as I could.

Question 2: Anyone have experience with Modesta BC-04 vs BC-08 and what it adds to the paint finish?

Thanks in advance!
I live in philly. White on white too. Just the front end wrapped as the doors are not really necessary. No rock chips there yet and if you get a door ding, we’ll you’re still going to get a door ding. Ceramic coating is a waste of money tbh. It’s one of those DIY projects that’s not hard at all. I had my whole front wrapped with xpel for 1900 and xpel ceramic tint cost 600 I believe. Car is still in pristine condition.

I have Modesta BC04 on several of my cars and it works great. Makes both cars so easy to clean.

2019-12-27 17.21.22.jpg
IMG_3897.jpeg

Bumping this thread hoping to get some feedback on Modesta. And opinions on ceramic coating on pearl white in general. Worth it?
Sorry I didn’t respond sooner...

As the other poster mentioned, “worth it” is a personal decision. I have Modesta on a PPF of pearl white. Here’s my initial thoughts: it is hard to compare to a non Modesta with or without PPF pearl white but it definitely has a sparkle to it. It definitely still gets dirty on the bumpers and rocker panels BUT it literally wipes off very easily! I mean not even using a wipe or spray or soap. I can wipe it off with a finger. So I imagine a full wash will do wonders. My detailer expects it should take about 25-45 mins to wash the whole car including tires. I have yet to do it though in the winter. I have a foam cannon coming tomorrow so may give it a go (and gotta blow out all the water from door handles given the temperatures!).

the PPF i will keep an eye on. I think it definitely a little more noticeable on white at just a few areas of the car. There is no way to hide all the edges and maybe I am being too particular and crazy but I will be very annoyed if it traps dirt like a line. I imagine it will clean off easy though.

hope that helps

Sorry I didn’t respond sooner...

As the other poster mentioned, “worth it” is a personal decision. I have Modesta on a PPF of pearl white. Here’s my initial thoughts: it is hard to compare to a non Modesta with or without PPF pearl white but it definitely has a sparkle to it. It definitely still gets dirty on the bumpers and rocker panels BUT it literally wipes off very easily! I mean not even using a wipe or spray or soap. I can wipe it off with a finger. So I imagine a full wash will do wonders. My detailer expects it should take about 25-45 mins to wash the whole car including tires. I have yet to do it though in the winter. I have a foam cannon coming tomorrow so may give it a go (and gotta blow out all the water from door handles given the temperatures!).

the PPF i will keep an eye on. I think it definitely a little more noticeable on white at just a few areas of the car. There is no way to hide all the edges and maybe I am being too particular and crazy but I will be very annoyed if it traps dirt like a line. I imagine it will clean off easy though.

hope that helps

Thanks Doc. Couple questions. Realizing it's still very recent since you did it, would you do it again? How long did your installer suggest the Modesta would last? What did they tell you about maintenance requirements?

Thanks Doc. Couple questions. Realizing it's still very recent since you did it, would you do it again? How long did your installer suggest the Modesta would last? What did they tell you about maintenance requirements?
Would I do it again...I think so! check in again in about 1 month, then 3 months and 1 year!!!

the Modesta BC-03 is supposed to last for 10 years! Not sure how they can gauruntee that though!

maintenance is essentially up to you! It’s cured to your car!! You can actually go to car washes. But otherwise hand wash and they have some Modesta products that you wipe on periodically with washings.

I am actually questioning the PPF more than the Modesta at this point given its greater cost!