Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My PPF Journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too live in the Northeast but north of you just south of Boston. I also picked up my 2023 Pearl White S LR in June and it was the most expensive car I ever purchased and I too wanted to protect it from stone chips. Prior to the S, I also never paid more than about $55k for any vehicle I have purchased and all were new or very likely used.

I did the same PPF areas as you but my shop used Suntek Reaction film which is one of the newer ones on the market with a 12 year warranty with built in ceramic coating. The only additional area I did was the area that Tesla PPF'd at the back of the rockers which was already yellowing from the factory installed film and which didn't have adequate coverage. I had my shop take both films off and install the film I was using and to wrap it into the door aperture and back into the fender wheel well to "hide" the lines better vs the OEM film. I had them extend the height of the film by 6 inches so that it protected more of the rear quarter panel based on the chips some members here have gotten. Go to their YT channel to see the benefits of this newer film. As for how long the coating will last, no one really knows since it's only been available for just a few years. But the clarity was incredible and nearly indistinguishable from looking at the OEM paint.

I also installed RallyArmor front and rear mudflaps to reduce rocks from being kicked up also. Go to their YT channel to see the benefits of this newer film. As for how long the coating will last, no one really knows since it's only been available for just a few years. But the clarity was incredible and nearly indistinguishable from looking at the OEM paint.

As I have detailed all my cars in the past and have a DA orbital buffer and various accessories including clay mitts, de-iron spray, etc , I chose to do the ceramic coating myself with Adam's Advanced Graphene Coating with 9+years of protection. I'd be happy if i get 5 years out of it. Since the care is so new, you don't have to do too much paint correction on it to get it in pristine condition for the coating. Handwashing the car is always best and you should definitely do the 2 bucket method to reduce the likelihood of scratching the clear coat.
Hi, I live in Boston. Can you share the shop you used for your PPF? Do you recommend them?