Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF, ceramic coating, vinyl, paint, costs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on people's experience, how much would the different things listed cost on a TM3?
I paid just under $3000 for a fully wrapped TM3 (Avery Dennison), tinted back window (full length, single sheet), tinted back door windows and chrome delete.

So how much do you reckon for
1) PPF (xpel or similar)
2) vinyl wrap
3) ceramic coat
4) complete paint job

Southern California rates:
XPEL: $1800.00 Front end, Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, All Front Lights and Mirrors

Rocker Panel $450.00

Full Body Xpel: $7000.00

Ceramic Coating 2300.00

these are averages.

Check with Bjorn Nyland, he’s from Oslo and can be found on YouTube.

Fred

Southern California rates:
XPEL: $1800.00 Front end, Hood, Front Fenders, Bumper, All Front Lights and Mirrors

Rocker Panel $450.00

Full Body Xpel: $7000.00

Ceramic Coating 2300.00

these are averages.

Check with Bjorn Nyland, he’s from Oslo and can be found on YouTube.

Fred
What the rocker panel? Is it the part below the doors?
Yeah, everyone know Bjørn. He puts ENTHUSIAST in enthusiast :)

I got a few quotes in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm still waiting for the delivery of my Model 3!

I got a bunch of online quotes, but most of them were all around this price for Ceramic Pro.

Ceramic Pro
Bronze Package- $700 - 2 year Warranty
1 layer of Light gloss paint coating
1 layer of Light on plastic and rims
1 layer of Rain on windshield and front side windows

Silver Package- $1300 - 5 year Warranty
Extreme Permanent Gloss
1 layer of 9h Glass Shield
1 layer of 9h on plastic and rims

Gold Package- $1690 - 10 year Warranty
Extreme Permanent Gloss
4 layers of 9h paint coating Glass Shield
1 extra layer on exposed areas
1 layer of 9h on plastic and rims

This doesn't include paint correction if needed and that could add an additional $$250 - $800 depending on the condition of the existing paint. Ceramic Pro requires a yearly inspection/maintenance to upkeep the warranty. Most shops charge $250 for that.

Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF
Full Front package: $1800.00

-Front bumper
-Full hood
-Fenders
-Side Mirror Caps

My plan is to have the Ceramic Pro Silver applied and I'll maintain it from there. I won't go back and give them $250 every year unless It really needs it. I just want the initial polishing and paint correction to be done correctly for me...

Based on people's experience, how much would the different things listed cost on a TM3?
I paid just under $3000 for a fully wrapped TM3 (Avery Dennison), tinted back window (full length, single sheet), tinted back door windows and chrome delete.

So how much do you reckon for
1) PPF (xpel or similar)
2) vinyl wrap
3) ceramic coat
4) complete paint job

New Jersey prices
1) full car 5k
2) about 2500-3k
3) 1k
4) I asked a certified repair shop, they said about 10k

Whats the deal with ceramic coating? Is it for people that dont like to wax their cars? I detail my car twice a year and use spray wax for maintenance and it stays buttery smooth all year long. Ceramic coating seems very popular with Tesla owners. Trying to figure out why.

Whats the deal with ceramic coating? Is it for people that dont like to wax their cars? I detail my car twice a year and use spray wax for maintenance and it stays buttery smooth all year long. Ceramic coating seems very popular with Tesla owners. Trying to figure out why.
For me it's because I have eczema and contact allergy. Even if I use gloves the sweat built up inside them will make my hands itch and form sores. Being able to wash my car with just a garden hose and a microfiber cloth allows me to take care of my car and hands at the same time.

Can't speak for the majority of other people. The point about this thread was trying to find out if it was cheaper in the long run to just get a new paint job. I would prefer to have a nice looking car, but if I could save several thousand on just ignoring blemishes and repainting the car before selling it then I would go for the latter.