Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF in DMV area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

reyman

Mar 26, 2023
VA
Hey All,

I just received my Tesla Model Y 2023 MSM with Induction wheels. I wanted to get some pointers on PPF installers in DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia). I have got quotes from two of the famous installers near Dulles and they are both quoting about 7k for a full car PPF. Wondering if there is a reliable shop who can do it for less?

Hey All,

I just received my Tesla Model Y 2023 MSM with Induction wheels. I wanted to get some pointers on PPF installers in DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia). I have got quotes from two of the famous installers near Dulles and they are both quoting about 7k for a full car PPF. Wondering if there is a reliable shop who can do it for less?
Folks, any recommendations?

I highly recommend Detail Driven. It’s located in Harrisonburg, VA near JMU. Max the owner and his team is fantastic and at competitive prices lower than the DMV area. He has a great Instagram and YouTube channel which helped my decision to go with him. Great price and quality work.
C1901B76-0034-4F2C-8F7A-EE0FCB0B2100.jpeg

Reactions: fsb1
Hey All,

I used A Plus Auto Styling, a little north of Baltimore. They did an excellent job and they have prices on their web site (be sure to look for the Tesla page).

I've heard great things about All American Paint Protection in Rockville.

I don't think you'll find it much cheaper anywhere in the DMV. There wasn't much variation of price when I called around.

I did a full front ppf at TLC Auto Detail in Sterling. Happy with the results and they were responsive and addressed any issue or concern I had before and after. Northern Virginia Auto Shop | TLC Auto Detail | Sterling. They primarily use Suntek films.

I don't know about you, but some of these places will contact you like crazy before they get the money, then ghost you after. TLC didn't do this to me so I'll take my future cars there.

Has anyone used Detail Authority? My delivery for my MYP is in a couple of days from Tysons Corner and I want to get it protected as soon as I get it.
Yes they tinted both our MYP and Model X Plaid. We also had them PPF (front bumper, hood, fenders, Mirrors and side skirt) our MYP back in late 2021. I’m taking the MX plaid to them for PPF next week.

Glad I found this thread.

Order specifics is my sig box, my EDDs have bounced around a good bit, still no VIN but was told my DD (according to SA) is 6 Nov.

Definitely planning on tint and on the fence on the PPF but from the above, looks like Detail Authority and A-Plus are solid options.