Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF on Vancouver Island

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of a good place to have PPF done on my red Model 3 in the Parksville/QB area or within 80 Kms? I am still on the fence on whether it is worth it but wanted to see who can do it.

Also, I saw this article that looks interesting for road trips or even winter driving. Going on a road trip and don't have PPF? Consider this cheap alternative - Drive Tesla Canada Not sure the long term effects of leaving on for extended periods. Love to hear your opinions. I live in Qualicum Beach.

If you can come to the mainland, we can and will work out a great deal for you. Regardless give me a call and I can help inform you all about clear bra as been installing now for 16 years :)
Thanks for the offer. I am looking at just the front bumper, headlights and rocker panels. I think these areas take most of the abuse. Taking a ferry to Vancouver from the island will cost approximately $200 plus expenses if I need to leave it in the shop for a day. I was quoted $1100 for the above work and I can’t see a mainland shop beating that when I factor in travel costs. However, I am still debating the cost/benefit of doing this.

Sent you a message

Thanks for the offer. I am looking at just the front bumper, headlights and rocker panels. I think these areas take most of the abuse. Taking a ferry to Vancouver from the island will cost approximately $200 plus expenses if I need to leave it in the shop for a day. I was quoted $1100 for the above work and I can’t see a mainland shop beating that when I factor in travel costs. However, I am still debating the cost/benefit of doing this.

Does anyone know of a good place to have PPF done on my red Model 3 in the Parksville/QB area or within 80 Kms? I am still on the fence on whether it is worth it but wanted to see who can do it.

Also, I saw this article that looks interesting for road trips or even winter driving. Going on a road trip and don't have PPF? Consider this cheap alternative - Drive Tesla Canada Not sure the long term effects of leaving on for extended periods. Love to hear your opinions. I live in Qualicum Beach.

I ended up using a company in Parksville. I spoke with Ben at Island Clear Shield and he gave me a very competitive quote. Ben did an excellent job and I have been very pleased with the results so far. The quotes I got from Vancouver shops were higher and I did not want to pay the ferry costs. I highly recommend Island Clear Shield. My car looks great.
https://www.islandclearshield.com/

I ended up using a company in Parksville. I spoke with Ben at Island Clear Shield and he gave me a very competitive quote. Ben did an excellent job and I have been very pleased with the results so far. The quotes I got from Vancouver shops were higher and I did not want to pay the ferry costs. I highly recommend Island Clear Shield. My car looks great.

It’s nice to hear of a good experience with a Vancouver Island company. I live in Cowichan.

My TM3 was delivered on June 14, 2019. I drove it straight to RDI in Richmond and had PPF done there. I went back a week later to pick it up.

Fifteen years ago, I was living on the GVA. I bought my 2004 Prius on a Friday. The next morning we went to Landsdowne Mall about 8:45 a.m. I parked far half-way between the building and the street with literally thousands of empty parking spaces around it. :)

A half-hour later I walked back to my brand new car, still surrounded by thousands of empty parking spaces. Someone had parked their minivan right beside my car and had scrapped the paint when they opened the door. :(

I didn’t want to have a similar experience with my TM3, especially knowing that I would have it on a ferry getting it to the Island.

Yes it’s always good to find a decent local company. I hate traveling by ferry - after all we do live in paradise so why should we have to leave. :)

I agree with doing the PPF ASAP as I plan on keeping my model 3 for at least 10 years and want it looking as new as possible for as long as possible.

What did they charge you for your Model 3? I'm on the Island as well and just got a 2021 Model 3 and I'm interested in getting this done.