Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had Suntek Ultra PPF and OptiCoat Pro applied to my car 11/1/18. After washing my car a few weeks ago I noticed some areas of the PPF peeling. Its only been 4 mo since being applied and my car has only been hand washed. I wanted to get opinions before calling the installer.
PPF1.jpg
PPF2.jpg
PPF3.jpg

It should not peel - i'm no PPF expert, but only reason it could peel is it's not adhering properly (insufficient prep) or there are air bubbles underneath.

From the photos it looks like it's peeling where it wraps arounds, it's possible the installer didn't apply enough heat to activate the PPF bond in those spots.

Either way, go back and ask them to fix it - they should do it for free.

Reactions: JasontheBeaver
Looks like they didn't stretch the bumper enough. That front bumper naturally has a lot of tension, and when you don't remove it this exact type of thing happens. the fender looks like they may have tried to wrap it around the edge too far and debris from the tire could kick it up and make it lift. both issues should absolutely be fixed by the installer.