Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front rocker panel rusting with ppf..any warranty from Tesla or PPF installer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

It's first time writing in here and I'd like to get your opinions. I've been owning my M3P for 4 years.

I put ppf on whole body right after delivery. Few days ago, I found rust on the rocker panel at the driver side front wheel well. The ppf was peeled with paint.

I contacted Tesla SC and claimed that this shouldn't happened because the paint was protected by ppf. They said the warranty was expired and I need to repair at the body shop.

Then, I contacted the ppf installer. The installer said that ppf warranty can't be covered because the rust could from inside to out. These issues are common for ealry models.

Since, the rust already has started, I will repair at the body shop. However, I have some questions.

1) I saw the comments about "12 year body rusting warranty" on other posts. Is this still exist and can be applied to my 2020 M3P? (I guess not for my model but I want to make sure)

2) When you see the spot of the rusting, do you agree the rust started from the inside?

I would be appreciated for any opinions. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1810.jpeg
    IMG_1810.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1812.jpeg
    IMG_1812.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1805.jpeg
    IMG_1805.jpeg
    613.7 KB · Views: 22
My old stomping ground (Thornhill). What does your paint warranty say for your model year on your sales agreement? Also has your mileage exceeded the warranty? If yes, then I think you may be on the hook for the repair. The salt usage here in the “Big Smoke” is early on cars.