Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity eligibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confused...I put down the initial deposit for my Tesla 3 on 4/1/16 and final order/upgrades, etc made on 7/4/2018. The car was manufactured 7/14/2018 and I made the full, final payment and took delivery 8/6/2018. I had full premium connectivity for over a year, then I was disconnected because I didn't elect to continue at $10/month. Some say the day that counts is the date the car was ordered, some say it is the date it is delivered, with 6/30/18 being the deadline for lifetime connectivity. Did Tesla do me wrong? If so, how do I get it corrected?

I'm confused...I put down the initial deposit for my Tesla 3 on 4/1/16 and final order/upgrades, etc made on 7/4/2018. The car was manufactured 7/14/2018 and I made the full, final payment and took delivery 8/6/2018. I had full premium connectivity for over a year, then I was disconnected because I didn't elect to continue at $10/month. Some say the day that counts is the date the car was ordered, some say it is the date it is delivered, with 6/30/18 being the deadline for lifetime connectivity. Did Tesla do me wrong? If so, how do I get it corrected?

the cutoff on premium connectivity per tesla is pretty clear:

========================

Connectivity

Purchase
Who is eligible for a Premium Connectivity subscription?
All Model S, Model X, Model Y and Model 3 ordered on or after July 1, 2018 can subscribe to Premium Connectivity. All cars ordered on or before June 30, 2018 receive Premium Connectivity automatically for the lifetime of the car.
=======================

Whats unclear in your SPECIFIC case, is whether when they completed your order, they used the order that you made in 2016. Your car doesnt have premium for life because "final order, upgrades etc" were made on 07/04/2018.

I suspect that, you made some changes to something after the june 30th 2018 deadline, which caused your "order" to be july 4th 2018, not when you say you ordered, which was 04/01/2016.

I doubt you are "owed" anything, because you made those changes which changed your order date, but you might try engaging tesla with that original order date and seeing if they might hook you up. Its possible, but as I said, I doubt they "owe" it to you because the order date of your car is likely when those "final orders / upgrades " were made, which is after the date.

Rats! You probably are correct and that must explain it. I feel all of us that put down a deposit in 2016 actually helped finance Tesla (interest free) in building the cars. I will try to reach out to them, but really have no idea how/who to initiate that. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

You didn't place an order in 2016, you placed a reservation. Your actual order was July 2018. One year seems correct.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
Yes, you are correct. It's unfortunate for me. :( So close...yet so far. Now I'm wondering when Tesla reached out to me asking for my 'order'. Maybe I don't really want to know that I procrastinated until after July1, but do wonder if I even had the chance.

It still might be worth asking (maybe by sending an email to them from inside your tesla account, with information on your reservation number etc. With that being said, they really have to draw the line somewhere, and they have already decided "the line" is end of quarter 2, 2018. You are probably out of luck.