Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prepping Cars for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wes_R

Former Vendor
Mar 8, 2013
Toronto
Hi Canadian Tesla Motors Clubbers,

My name is Wes and I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I was contacted by Tesla here in Toronto to prep their cars for delivery which included cleaning interiors and spot polishing the paint. So far I have prepped about 11 Model Ses(90% black lol) and now am familiar with the vehicle in and out and what is needed to get the car "perfect". I have the VIN numbers(invoice purposes) of the cars I worked on and if those owners are on here I would love to stay in contact with you guys and maintain your vehicles.

On a slightly different note, I must say I am extremely impressed with Tesla! This is my first time really spending time with the car and in the limited time the things that stand out to me the most are how quiet it is and how smooth the drive is. lol When I started the car at first I wasn't even sure if it is on. Randomly as well I was shown the Youtube video of the Model S blowing a Viper out of the water in a straight line and couldn't believe it!!!

I documented a prep I did on a Sycamore Brown Performance and will upload the pics as soon as I have resized and converted the pics.

Looking forward to participating in the community and answering any questions you guys have regarding car care.

Also I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the lady with the white Model S who mentioned this forum to me, I hope you see this :)

Warm regards,
Wes

Welcome and look forward to the information you have to share. Do you detail cars with the paint armour on them already?
Thanks Tomanik! I do both, sometimes the clear bra has already been applied and I prep the car or there are some areas on the hood that need to be polished out before the clear bra(paint armour) can be applied.

Welcome to the forum, Wes_R.
Thank you Brianman :)

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some artsy fartsy shots of my co worker working on a Performance.

Polishing
polishing_zps62949e19.jpg

Detailing the interior
interior_zps675db7a4.jpg

Nice pictures!

I know that most of the east coast MS orders stop in Toronto to get detailed before getting sent on further. Mine is currently sitting in Toronto getting prepped and detailed (I think - VIN 6833) before her trip to Montreal for me to pick up and drive back to Ottawa. I'm curious to hear if you'd work on mine?

I already have a contact here in Ottawa that has given be great service over the years for detailing. I hope that your great work finds you lots of business!