Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price and Model changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had bought a Porsche, they would have release autopîlot to new cars, and I would have not benefitted from it.
Not really. If there was such upgrade coming they’d announce few months ahead stating build starting in XX month will have the new feature. You choose to buy the current discounted model or you can wait for the new build.

You just happened to make the cut off to have the hardware included. I am pretty sure there were other owners who took delivery same time as you or later did not get the new hardware in a different region or market.

There’s been too many changes in too short a period (changes to PUP, removal of 75 and price restructure, yet more changes to lineup and EAP restructure with more price changes). Totally uncoordinated - they should have made all changes one and done. It’s leaving a sour taste in many customers mouths. How can there be any certainty on frequency of changes and price drops going forward - this will weigh on the minds of potential future customers.

There is a similar thread on the other Tesla forum. I browse that site but frankly it’s a very toxic place with some pretty nasty characters who have formed a gang and berate and belittle people who have complaints or concerns about a Tesla.

Their view is that people should suck it up - you can’t compare an EV sales model to ICE cars. In my opinion that is the view of a minority of Tesla fanboys who can’t ever see fault in anything that Tesla does. Tesla will soon have viable competition from mainstream manufacturers whether they believe it or not. Porsche announcing the Macan line going 100% electric is proof of their intent. And you can be sure that these traditional manufacturers aren’t going to be restructuring and reducing the market value of their cars every few months. They understand about protecting their existing customer base.

Not leaving a sour taste for me. A few folks have suggested the similarity of PCs and Teslas. I’d go wider and say PCs, phones, and cars. I see a car as a rapidly depreciating asset. It’s one of the reasons I swapped from paying real cash up front and started leasing or PCPing them.

I’ve had use of a number of vehicles of varying status over the past 30 years. Of all of them any Tesla I have driven is better in so many ways. I expect my 2018 model S to not be as good as a 2020 model S. And not to be upgradable.

Hey, I had a wonderful PowerPC MacBook Pro for several years and the change to an intel MacBook Pro was a revelation.

Just saw that the price changes are more marked than I'd realised. Seems that for (a little) less than the monthly payment on a 100D (£1,173) without FSD at the end of January you could get a fully-loaded P100D (£1,163). Unless my option-checking is off that is...