Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Private Party financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm buying a MX in a different state - Can anyone refer a bank that will finance a private party sale out of state? I'm in CA, the car is in AZ.

First time doing this - not sure how I pay the seller?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

The bank shouldn't care what state the seller is in. More than likely the car will be financed on the sellers end and if so, you'll need the loan account # and payoff amount through the purchase date (overpay this amount by about $10 just in case the transaction isn't completed on that day). If possible, try to do this part in-person and early in the day so the transaction can completely go through. Ultimately, don't pay the money for the car until you can drive away with it. Make sure that you have a bill of sale as well.

I highly recommend DCU. They are based in MA but do plenty of business financing Tesla owners (well known by finance folks in Fremont!). Took delivery last week and was amazed how efficient and effective they were throughout the process. Plus they have the best rate out there. 2.24% [36 - 65 months] with top credit for any electric vehicle!

Btw - Your location is irrelevant state wise as long as you're within the US.

I highly recommend DCU. They are based in MA but do plenty of business financing Tesla owners (well known by finance folks in Fremont!). Took delivery last week and was amazed how efficient and effective they were throughout the process. Plus they have the best rate out there. 2.24% [36 - 65 months] with top credit for any electric vehicle!

Btw - Your location is irrelevant state wise as long as you're within the US.

Agreed! Can't speak highly enough of DCU ... they also hold my mortgage - really great outfit to work with!

Reactions: SoCalTezla