Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with speed control with FSD 2024.14.9 and FSD 12.3.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had FSD 12.3.6 with 2024.3.25 and speed control worked fine. I set it for 5% over the speed limit and it always worked.

However, since the 2024.14.9 update (which still has FSD 12.3.6) it works differently when I am not on a highway. If the speed limit is 35 it will go to 42 or even 45. Worse, the thumbwheel on the steering wheel doesn't change the speed - it says "auto" and I don't seem to be able to override it. I have even set it at zero offset from the speed limit and it still wants to go faster. (And just what is "auto" anyway? And why only when I'm not on a highway?)

Oddly, on the highway it works the same way the previous update worked - I could override the speed with the thumbwheel on the steering wheel.

I can only assume I've done something silly to get it working this way (since if this were a general bug the masses would be in an uproar). No doubt I will feel foolish when the error of my ways is pointed out, but still...

Does anyone know how to make "auto" go away and let me set the speed myself the same way it used to work?

Settings.jpg

Speed.jpg

You can turn the automatic speed offset setting off. It might be on the Controls > Autopilot screen. That setting was there in all the versions with FSD v12.3.6. I use the auto setting because the car doesn’t maintain the set speed otherwise.

On the highway, FSD reverts back to v11, which doesn’t use the auto speed setting.