Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prospective Buyer of Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have hit or miss service. In my three years of ownership, I had three amazing service center visits, frunk latch replacement/charing dead endpins, replacement tires/air filter/windshield wipers, and replacement passenger control arm/broken windshield. All of three times I was offered a loaner, all were covered under the warranty no questions asked, all three times the service managers were excellent with communication and timing. The broken control arm happened on vacation when I was on my way to Florida. They gave me a loaner model X and let me continue on my trip and allowed me to pick up the 3 on my way home two weeks later even though the car only took three days to fix.

On the other hand, I had another broken windshield (bad luck) and needed a replacement. It took three months to get a new window. I never got any updates, couldn't get anyone on the phone, no one answered emails. I finally had to drive to the service center to get someone to talk to me. This was all before the new service messaging in the app, which seems to have fixed the communication issues.

I will agree buying anything from Tesla, cars, Powerwalls, solar... The timeline is always thrown out the window. I have had two cars come in way before their expected delivery date and now my third car has been on order for about a month and has missed its delivery deadline two times and is currently expected in October. My solar install was a hot mess, missed deadlines left and right, and awful customer service, start to finish was over a year.

Would I continue to buy from Tesla, cars absolutely, solar no way. Car dealerships are so bad that I feel Tesla is an improvement. Local solar companies are so good, I wouldn't touch Tesla solar with a ten-foot pole. In fact, if my current system has a problem, I plan on calling a local company and paying out of pocket rather than dealing with tesla for warranty repair.

• Informative
Reactions: David29