Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Always take photos and videos of loaner \ enterprise rental

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Model 3 in service on Thanksgiving for over 3 weeks for a drive unit failure / failure to drive issue. Had picked up an enterprise loaner S and had pointed out a bumper scrape and cosmetic issues to the enterprise rep. It was raining that day and with my own 3 breakdown I did not double to check to see if my complaints were written down and had to meet family for Thanksgiving. Low and behold I was charged $1000 for previous damage I had reported but was not written down. Moral of the story is take a full video in detail and pictures of any damage to the car before accepting it or you might have unexpected charges. Have to go through Enterprise as there it has not gone to their damages dept and there was a writeup. I have a few pics, but the whole process is incredibly frustrating. Hope I can save someone the hassle in the future.

On the other hand, one time I scraped my mom’s car driving a loaner S (I don’t believe it was from Enterprise) and left a noticeable mark on the corner of the bumper. I struggled with deciding to, but ended up telling the service people when I returned the car. They thanked me and said it was alright.

I know firsthand dealing with damage caused by others’ can be a huge hassle, good luck to you.