Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about canceling an order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to order a MYP, its about 3 months time give or take to built I think. Long story short my work travels take me away from home for a few months, then at home for a few months. (I cant test drive while at work)

Only thing keeping me from ordering it now (away, at work) is the question about the ride stiffness with the 21's or even 19's for that matter. So I want to test drive its first before I buy. If I do like it, and I order it while at home, by the time it arrives it will be time to go back to work and let the new car just sit on the garage. So my timing is off.

What is the cancelation policy? What I am thinking is ordering it so it (hopefully) arrives towards the beginning of my vacation and home. So when I get back home from working I can test drive it to see if I like it. If I do In just keep the order going, if I don't like the test drive can I cancel the order and just loose my $250 reservation? If it arrives at the dealer early and I dont want it can I just say that? From what I have been reading I get the feeling they are in such demand that the dealer will just sell my rejected purchase to someone on the waiting list?

Looking to order a MYP, its about 3 months time give or take to built I think. Long story short my work travels take me away from home for a few months, then at home for a few months. (I cant test drive while at work)

Only thing keeping me from ordering it now (away, at work) is the question about the ride stiffness with the 21's or even 19's for that matter. So I want to test drive its first before I buy. If I do like it, and I order it while at home, by the time it arrives it will be time to go back to work and let the new car just sit on the garage. So my timing is off.

What is the cancelation policy? What I am thinking is ordering it so it (hopefully) arrives towards the beginning of my vacation and home. So when I get back home from working I can test drive it to see if I like it. If I do In just keep the order going, if I don't like the test drive can I cancel the order and just loose my $250 reservation? If it arrives at the dealer early and I dont want it can I just say that? From what I have been reading I get the feeling they are in such demand that the dealer will just sell my rejected purchase to someone on the waiting list?
You lose $250 if you cancel. But you can find someone to pay you $250 for the reservation if you are close to receiving it. Especially if prices go up its worth more.