Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just cancelled my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not blaming Tesla but I would holpe for more from any company. I ordered a on stock y performance. It was a 3 k discount. Scheduled to pick up. Another popped up with a 5 k discount. Obviously I want that one. Especially after the last years price drop I hit. It’s my 3 rd new Tesla not that it should matter. They wouldn’t price match. My only option was to cancel lose my deposit and order the other. Well that math works 250 lost to save 1800 more. Of course the other car sold as I was doing it. Spoke to the sales team they said nothing they could do. So now I’m not buying a Tesla. I get it policy is policy. So I’m not going to bash the company. But wow. Oh. I was trading in a 18 model S. So once again. Not complaint about the product.

I’m not blaming Tesla but I would holpe for more from any company. I ordered a on stock y performance. It was a 3 k discount. Scheduled to pick up. Another popped up with a 5 k discount. Obviously I want that one. Especially after the last years price drop I hit. It’s my 3 rd new Tesla not that it should matter. They wouldn’t price match. My only option was to cancel lose my deposit and order the other. Well that math works 250 lost to save 1800 more. Of course the other car sold as I was doing it. Spoke to the sales team they said nothing they could do. So now I’m not buying a Tesla. I get it policy is policy. So I’m not going to bash the company. But wow. Oh. I was trading in a 18 model S. So once again. Not complaint about the product.
So dynamic, hard to tell when to pull the trigger. It's like day trading.

Reactions: .Slug
@JMGNC

Im not sure why you would mark disagree on a question. Its certainly not obvious what this OP might be expecting people to learn, which is why I asked.

Are they wanting people to learn that Tesla doesnt refund order fees?
That Tesla doesnt swap over vehicle orders from one vehicle to another?
That when you cancel an order trying to grab a vehicle with more discount, its possible to end up miss out on both?

Something else that I cant think of? Rather than me guessing, since they said "want people to learn" I asked what that was.

Something else that I cant think of? Rather than me guessing, since they said "want people to learn" I asked what that was.
The answer you're looking for is left as an exercise for the student of life. No one answer fits all. Look at the thread and see if there's anything you learned that would help in your own case. There were some good suggestions.

Reactions: .Slug
Nice! I pooped today, it was a mellow time. High five to fiber! 👌
If this was bad, don’t try ccs EV ownership. It’s miserable at every point

You did well. You didn't get burned buying the same thing for a higher price. Tesla lost the sale.

@JMGNC

Im not sure why you would mark disagree on a question. Its certainly not obvious what this OP might be expecting people to learn, which is why I asked.

Are they wanting people to learn that Tesla doesnt refund order fees?
That Tesla doesnt swap over vehicle orders from one vehicle to another?
That when you cancel an order trying to grab a vehicle with more discount, its possible to end up miss out on both?

Ok. I’ll explain 1. The other tesla cars I purchased were new orders. So this was my first experience with in stock purchase. I had no idea that Tesla wouldn’t basically match their own price at their own dealer for a car. So I wasn’t gamboling or whatever nonsense people were saying. I was unaware of Tesla’s policy on pricing of in stock cars. Since this is a forum I figured knowing my experience could be useful for someone else. As you may have noticed I wasn’t bashing the company or product just sharing my experience in case someone reading this didn’t know. Nothing more nothing less.