Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question re Tesla app: No "Advanced" mode listed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My solar+PV setup just has been finished. I installed the app after getting email from Tesla but it looks a little bit different from what I've seen on youTube. The Customize section has no "Advanced" part.
Is this something I'm going to see after PTO?

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 8.08.44 AM.jpg

The advanced options appear within a few days. Seems they want the system to learn your power usage for a few days first before enabling them. I'm not sure whether the 'few days' starts from commissioning or PTO, just don't recall at this point.

If the powerwalls appear in the app, it should be somewhere between a couple to 7 days for those features to show up in the app, provided the system is on.

I think its a "few consecutive days running" before those advanced options show up, but in any case, OP there is nothing that tesla needs to activate for those to show up, they just do on their own, after the system finishes whatever data gathering it seems to need to do. I think it was about 4-5 days for me.

• Informative
Reactions: solarAddict
I don't even have self-powered, just backup-only. It's been about 24 hours since my powerwalls were installed. Do I need to do anything?

View attachment 617069 View attachment 617070

Seems like your Tesla account doesn't have solar associated with it, only 2 Powerwalls. Solar panels also appear in your second picture when they're on the account. The self-powered option would require solar so pretty sure that's why it's not there. If you really do have solar you should call Tesla support and get them to fix your account, though if you also don't have PTO yet it may take until then to get straightened out.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Seems like your Tesla account doesn't have solar associated with it, only 2 Powerwalls. Solar panels also appear in your second picture when they're on the account. The self-powered option would require solar so pretty sure that's why it's not there. If you really do have solar you should call Tesla support and get them to fix your account, though if you also don't have PTO yet it may take until then to get straightened out.

Thank you!

My solar is from 2008 and I don't see any breakers in the tesla panel, so I am not sure they set it up right. The panel does see the negative feed sending power to the grid, so solar is connected and working (but not monitored?)

Is this something I go to my installer for or should I just default to tesla for assistance?

I would think you should start with your installer, I'd wonder if they even wired up the Gateway properly for solar monitoring, it really should just take proper placement of the Current Transducers (CTs), but if they didn't do that for solar or did it wrong there likely won't be anything Tesla can do remotely to help. It could be that the installer did everything right and just didn't tell Tesla the right thing, sounds like you got your solar through someone else so Tesla may have only seen (or only been informed of) the Powerwall install.