Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar roof install completed today, no stats in App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MASS-sunshine

Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2023
Newburyport MA
Tesla finished installing our solar roof today and lit everything up, commissioned the 4 PW's and tested everything, including Off-Grid test and the installer showed me how all came back green. However, I couldn't see the installation in my App at all, until I called and spoke to someone in Energy Support who got the App to show the Solar Roof install in addition to the car portion which I've had in there for 4 years - however, the stats for the solar install don't appear at all, it is just pegged at 0.0 kw production, when we know from seeing the Installer's app that I was generating today and storing to battery, etc. So, big installation project is done, but I am stuck driving blind at the moment. How long should it take for me to see some metrics on production and usage in the Tesla app? Installers swore to me that on every job, it is immediate, right when they commission in the system, the customer starts getting stats, even though PTO may still be weeks away.

Thoughts all? How long did it take from installation to being able to see stats in the App? Thanks for the help, always.

Installers use the Tesla One app to directly connect to the gateway's own WiFi hotspot. Your app needs the gateway to be connected to the internet (via ethernet, your home Wifi or cellular) to report data to Tesla's servers. Perhaps that connection isn't working?

You can use the Tesla One app yourself, to see if that's the case.

Make sure they have your correct email address. When my system was done the installer showed it was working but not on the app. He said it takes a while. He put in the wrong email and I had it corrected the next day then it worked fine.

Tesla finished installing our solar roof today and lit everything up, commissioned the 4 PW's and tested everything, including Off-Grid test and the installer showed me how all came back green. However, I couldn't see the installation in my App at all, until I called and spoke to someone in Energy Support who got the App to show the Solar Roof install in addition to the car portion which I've had in there for 4 years - however, the stats for the solar install don't appear at all, it is just pegged at 0.0 kw production, when we know from seeing the Installer's app that I was generating today and storing to battery, etc. So, big installation project is done, but I am stuck driving blind at the moment. How long should it take for me to see some metrics on production and usage in the Tesla app? Installers swore to me that on every job, it is immediate, right when they commission in the system, the customer starts getting stats, even though PTO may still be weeks away.

Thoughts all? How long did it take from installation to being able to see stats in the App? Thanks for the help, always.
Where is your install btw? I wonder how many that of us that are being told that there is no update on the delay of our installs and how many are actually getting scheduled?

Have you turned off your phone, and turned it back on?
Have you checked if there is an update for the app on your phone?
Have you checked to see if your phone is connected to your WiFi?
Is your PW connected to an Ethernet cable or WiFi?
If you signon to your router can you see the IP address of your PW in the ARP list?
Did you try to uninstall the Tesla app. from your phone, Turn it off, Reinstall the App.
Let us know if you are successful.