Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about what to do about issues reported AFTER delivery within 1 week / 100 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Monday I took delivery of my 2024 MYLR Quicksilver with 20" induction wheels in Plano, TX. When I was there, it had rained prior to our arrival. When we finally got to the car it looked great but covered with water .The only things that stuck out was a panel gap in the hood and the bottom of the rear doors stuck out a little past the fender. . When the delivery guy was talking to us he said that it's "within specs" and I can report it but that's what service will say and if there is anything else I find I report it all in the app and tesla will fix. Still reluctant to accept I asked if he could let me into the inside without accepting and he said he could not. I accepted it and luckily the inside was fine. I began my journey back to Dallas and while on the tollway I think i heard a weird sound and the steering wheel started to vibrated about 70+ MPH. When I got home I didn't see any damage. I jumped on to see if anyone else experienced anything like this and sure enough it could be one or several issues from foam to balance or alignment and Tesla will get these issues fixes for the new vehicles ASAP. No worries.

The next day i hand washed the vehicle to get all the dirt and such off the vehicle and see if I see any other flaws. And when I did i uncovered a door ding in the passenger door and a chip here and there.. I txt my sales advisor and he told me to go ahead and put the service request in. When I initially put the request in for the dings and tires, mobile services scheduled a date for Tuesday, June 11th. Not bad. I was looking at the car again and saw another small item. When I edited the request it then said I would need to schedule service for it. Since mobile was coming out already and this was very small issue I cancelled the change and mobile service was still schedule for Tuesday. Friday, I received a message from tesla service saying they can't do mobile service and scheduled me to the service center on July 28th! I messaged my advisor and he said that new vins should go to the top of any service queue. I told them that until I know a diagnosis I don't believe I should be driving it and they never responded. On the app I responded to the rescheduling asking if i could at least get in to AT LEAST get the tires looked at and they said no.

Right now my new Model Y sits in my garage as I wait for service. 40 miles on the odometer. The car drives great, but to be on the safe side i don't want to mess anything up by driving it because i don't want tesla to say I shouldn't have been driving it. And the door ding on the passenger door, hopefully they won't come back and saying that it happened after delivery. I know Tesla needs to fix the issues but to get it done right and not a year should I just take it to a tire place and have someone else do paint correction. ? Or will the SA be correct and they will bump my service visit up a notch?

If it is not drivable (and with the steering wheel vibration, I can’t blame you for not driving it), Tesla should let you bring it in almost immediately. Let them know it is not drivable and they should let you bring it in earlier. This may only get the vibration fixed, not the dings.

Just call roadside and have them tow it to the dealer. Tell them to give you a loaner ASAP. Had a similar issue I have overspray on my black car, white specs everywhere top/back/hood part down the sides. You only see it in direct sunlight/or proper detailer lights. Thought it was dust/debris and even if minor stuff from sitting outside, I thought my detailer is awesome, he will get it out...NOPE! He was like I'm not going any deeper on this thin paint and I would tell Tesla...said it is one of the worst he has seen on a Tesla. So, later this week I will see what they are going to do about it. But I digress...back to your issue. They never get you in within a reasonable time and always mess with the dates. Don't ever believe the first time you get with service. It will always get pushed out weeks or a month. My car is fine otherwise. But with your issue...the heck with that. I'd call roadside and have them tow it tell them it isn't safe to drive with the steering wheel issue on a brand new car. And let them deal with the rest. Lastly, the mileage nonsense people say, even the delivery people of first 100 miles is nonsense as well. They will fix it factory flaws and issues mean nothing and is technically a Lemon issue if you really want to go that far and they won't do the right thing.