Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rant: I wish the car icon was bigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its coming in a future version (iirc, this is 2019.9 which is currently the beta fw with advanced summon.. v2019.12 doesnt have these features yet)

NRxKW1R.jpg

This is the case with one of the Early Access Program versions. A few weeks back I saw a handful of posts on reddit mentioning that the car avatar on the screen will become larger when there are less cars around you and smaller when there are cars adjacent to yours that show up on the screen. It's possible this change will make its way into some future publicly accessible software update.

Edit: @tracksyde beat me to it!

Side note, when the Model 3 was first released the car avatar was much larger. I think it was when version 9.0 came out that they reduced the size of the car avatar to make room for vehicles in adjacent lanes to be displayed on the screen.

Reactions: tracksyde
People just trusted it, they didn't feel the need to constantly check. Now they go on when you slowdown but people feel the need to constantly look at a screen. Standard transmissions vehicles have been slowing with out brake lights since the dawn of the automobile and no one has ever been concerned. Is it just technology addiction, people just have to check the screen?

Why don't people just check the rear view to see if anyone is on their bumper?

People just trusted it, they didn't feel the need to constantly check. Now they go on when you slowdown but people feel the need to constantly look at a screen. Standard transmissions vehicles have been slowing with out brake lights since the dawn of the automobile and no one has ever been concerned. Is it just technology addiction, people just have to check the screen?

No. In an ICE car you are in total control of when the brake lights come on. In a Tesla, when regenerative braking the car decides when the brake lights come on. It’s good to know that how much regenerative braking is necessary before the lights come on and also to make sure the lights aren’t flashing on and off.

Reactions: ChrisH and nvx1977
Why are people looking at the screen about brake lights? It makes no sense to me, did you have some one check regularly when you drove an ice car?

Agree with @Runt8 regarding wanting to know if my regen level is triggering a brake light. In general, I don't like to trigger brake lights unnecessarily, and applying regen a bit too forcefully might trigger the light.

Choice is a great thing. Feel free to never look at your screen to check the brake light. I won't give you a hard time.

Agree with @Runt8 regarding wanting to know if my regen level is triggering a brake light. In general, I don't like to trigger brake lights unnecessarily, and applying regen a bit too forcefully might trigger the light.

Choice is a great thing. Feel free to never look at your screen to check the brake light. I won't give you a hard time.

I guess if your trying to avoid them I can see why you check. Now i have to ask why are you trying to avoid them? I assumed you were checking to make sure they went on.