Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear brake light moved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The MX pictorial on the driver/center display show the brake lights on the outer section of narrow horizontal light-bar (next to the reverse- and rear-fog-lights) surrounded by the parking lights.

I was following a refresh MX today and noticed that the rear brake lights are (now?) co-located with the rear turn-signals, which are located just below the parking lights. What I found interesting is that when a turn-signal, which is yellow, is on, that specific brake light is off.

Not sure if the refresh MX brake lights have always configured this way - but I wonder why the pictorial does not match? Maybe it was changed to meet some new regulation?

Hi

I got the refresh X for a week about a month ago, to do some products for it (you can see them are: Model X)
One of the products is DYI tint kit (XPEL Slate Smoke) for the tail lights. After I made it, I tested it against a friend's 2017 Model X and it was a perfect match, so unless Tesla changed something in the past month or so, I can confirm that for now the refresh Model X tail lights are exactly the same as the pre-refresh.

I can confirm that for now the refresh Model X tail lights are exactly the same as the pre-refresh

Did the Palladium X you had for a week had the new charge port?
Because if it didn't, I'm pretty sure the new taillights with the new charge port are different, just like the ones @stkgator saw:

As you can see from the 20'' Cyberstream Wheels, these 2 Model X's are both Palladium Long Range models, one with the new charge port and one with the old charge port.