Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear passenger door repair (some mudding and paint)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I scratched the rear passenger door and rear quarter panel in my garage. The scratches are deep enough the the undercoat is showing. The edges of the door and quarter panel are a little wavy but nothing that can be fixed with some Bondo. I first went to the Tesla collision center and right away said that a new door is needed. When I said I do not want a new door as I am not going through insurance the estimator admitted that the damaged can be fixed but it was Tesla policy not to repair the door in any way. I asked if there was anybody who could repair the door and I was given 2 other Tesla certified body shops. When I went to these body shops, both said a new door is required and cannot repair the door due to the labor involved. I went to other body shops and as soon as they saw the Tesla, they all stated that they do not work on Tesla's. Does anybody know of a body shop in the GTA or vicinity that would just fix the scratches and paint the door and quarter panel?

Thanks

Paul