Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Receiving upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not able to receive updates. It involves my connection to my router. I show 3 bars reception. When I search ,my router shows up. If I go to the router and enter the password it connects. On the line that shows my router there is a dim icon of a lock along with an icon I suppose is an antenna.
It shows that I have update 2020.36.11 available for update. The update at the top of the screen turns red when I click it.
I had successfully updated a couple months ago.
Another question ...how do I get back to this post and your answers?

Sounds like you have a connection to the router, but the network security key was probably entered incorrectly, so you do not have the use of the connection. "Forget" the connection, and then try reattaching to the router. Make sure you put in the correct security key.

An email is sent by the forum when someone replies to your post.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I would like to remove my router connection and start again but I cannot find any way to remove the connection. There is no “Forget” option.
Strange I can renter my password and it says connected but nothing works. I tried connecting to the internet With the Tesla But again no connection
Thanks for your help.

Click the WiFi symbol. If you have a green checkmark by the network you want, it is working and connected. If not, at the bottom of the list is WiFi settings. Press that, and then press your network on the left side. Forget Network button should appear. Click this. Go back and reselect the network you want, and then you can put in your password again.

When you initially press the WiFI Icon, there should be a list of networks your car sees, with the one you are connected to, if any. If there are no networks that the car sees, you likely need an extender near or in the garage (or wherever your car is) so that the WiFI signal can reach your car

My router is just about 20 ft away. I show 3 signal bars. This router is an add on to my main router. Specifically for connecting to my Tesla. It worked fine a couple months ago. The extender to my main router did not work.
The thing that appears unusual is that on the line with my router name is dim icon of a lock... then an Icon that might be an antenna.
Is there any other way to start from a clean slate similar to a reboot.
I can easily connect to this new router with other devices.