Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Chrome-Delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is pretty neat. it ALMOST seems like someone muffed up the paint job and said EFF it and just painted the rest! LOL!

but i do like how the door handles blend in with the rest of the car. it gives it a more aerodynamic feel. do you feel like the new color match eliminates fingerprints? i have little ones and that's all i see. fingers everywhere!!

That is actually a nice bonus: The fingerprints on the chrome were such an eyesore.

Yep, got my color matched chrome delete for silver (not midnight but real silver) which is wrapped with satin (Stealth) Ppf. Will post pix eventually. Here’s something else I suggest, in your closest color of course.

Rightcar Solutions Flawless Silicone License Plate Frame - Rust-Proof. Rattle-Proof. Weather-Proof. - Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CV3YFZ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_utOtDbAKX6DNM

• Informative
Reactions: XLR82XS
Do you know what the brand and color that they used? I haven't found one that matches close enough yet. I did the rear trim on this Model X about a year ago. In person, the wrap was too bright, if that makes any sense.
20181018_130304.jpg

thanks

Thought I would share my recent de-chroming Pearl White Model 3. Since the new default color is Pearl White :( I had to go the extra mile to stand out again. Actually it was well worth it and always in the cards (not a big fan of chrome all over cars.

Digging the super-camouflaged door handles now too!

I got this done over at Gleamworks in Vancouver. It was dropped off and picked up the same day.

Things that got unchromified:

-Trim all along windows
-Door Handles
-Side Camera borders
-Underside of side mirrors
-Logos front and back

FkQ6Opb.jpg

TYjn64b.jpg

qnHjFBx.jpg

YTnsDjO.jpg

UuLkPow.jpg

JXFjCRK.jpg
Mind sharing how much they charged? Looks awesome I'm gonna do similar with black everything but your camo door handles look sick. Probably gonna do white handles and black everywhere else.

Thought I would share my recent de-chroming Pearl White Model 3. Since the new default color is Pearl White :( I had to go the extra mile to stand out again. Actually it was well worth it and always in the cards (not a big fan of chrome all over cars.

I got this done over at Gleamworks in Vancouver. It was dropped off and picked up the same day.

-Trim all along windows
-Door Handles
-Side Camera borders
-Logos front and back

FkQ6Opb.jpg

TYjn64b.jpg

qnHjFBx.jpg

YTnsDjO.jpg

UuLkPow.jpg

JXFjCRK.jpg

Don't worry about not standing out. The default color will be a flat white not the pearlescent white that has essentially three coats in it and that is an extra cost option. If you got that car it's always going to stand out against the base flat white color. I think the pearlescent white is one of their best colors and they do a really nice job with it. So was your Chrome delete done in pearlescent white or flat white?

Is it vinyl or painted? Looks fantastic!

Was considering trying 3M pearl white on mine.

-Trim all along windows
-Door Handles
-Side Camera borders
-Logos front and back

FkQ6Opb.jpg

TYjn64b.jpg

qnHjFBx.jpg

YTnsDjO.jpg

UuLkPow.jpg

JXFjCRK.jpg

Don't worry about not standing out. The default color will be a flat white not the pearlescent white that has essentially three coats in it and that is an extra cost option. If you got that car it's always going to stand out against the base flat white color. I think the pearlescent white is one of their best colors and they do a really nice job with it. So was your Chrome delete done in pearlescent white or flat white?

The website for ordering has pearlescent multi coat listed for white? Is that not the multi coat

The website for ordering has pearlescent multi coat listed for white? Is that not the multi coat

The discussion was about the new default color. There was misinformation about this in terms of how this default would be the pearlescent white. It's not, it's a plain nonmetallic white that will be the default color, replacing black as the default. So when you look at the website you have to make sure in terms of your order the distinction between the default White and the extra cost multicoat White.

Uh... that's not what the website says. Default/included is the multi coat pearl white...

@OP: the car looks sic. The color match works so well with the white.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190814-194321_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190814-194321_Chrome.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 64
There was misinformation about this in terms of how this default would be the pearlescent white. It's not, it's a plain nonmetallic white that will be the default color, replacing black as the default.

The default is definitely pearl white. Elon tweeted as much, as covered in other threads. The original plan of non-metallic white was changed after his team convinced him.

The default is definitely pearl white. Elon tweeted as much, as covered in other threads. The original plan of non-metallic white was changed after his team convinced him.
Hmm I just joined this forum and ordered my model 3 today so still new to the game, any idea if the order forms will state if it's actually a pearlescent multi coat or this plain white ? I'll try to see if it specifies anywhere on the paperwork.

I had also heard the original change was to a flat white then the team convinced Elon to stick with the same pearl white which was originally the extra $2000. When I checked the site more recently it does default to pearl white now, not any other flat type. Otherwise, I would expect 2 varieties of white if you were a new customer and wanted the more expensive one. Ah well.

It cost $686 CAD to wrap it after taxes. I believe it's vinyl.

Totally want to pull the badges off now. White on white badges looks cool but the it may be even better without them :) Been watching vids on how to DIY it but I'm just not sure I trust myself to do it. Maybe I should shop around to see how much it is to heat/yoink the 2 off now.

Tinting windows is on deck too. Not a big fan of tinting the back ones super dark vs. the front ones less so (since it's the law in B.C.). I may do a more subtle back end vs. front end look with them.

I ordered those license plate frames in white as well and some Nikola Pro wraps. Gonna cover the wheel T's in black and the steering wheel with a black one and matte black center console wraps.

Removing the emblems is super simple if you have a hair dryer and fishing line (or dental floss). It’s just attached with double sided tape.

Love the look of your car. I was getting PPF and tint done this weekend, and was discussing doing this exact thing. Seeing this thread has me intrigued.

I had also heard the original change was to a flat white then the team convinced Elon to stick with the same pearl white which was originally the extra $2000. When I checked the site more recently it does default to pearl white now, not any other flat type. Otherwise, I would expect 2 varieties of white if you were a new customer and wanted the more expensive one. Ah well.

It cost $686 CAD to wrap it after taxes. I believe it's vinyl.

Totally want to pull the badges off now. White on white badges looks cool but the it may be even better without them :) Been watching vids on how to DIY it but I'm just not sure I trust myself to do it. Maybe I should shop around to see how much it is to heat/yoink the 2 off now.

Tinting windows is on deck too. Not a big fan of tinting the back ones super dark vs. the front ones less so (since it's the law in B.C.). I may do a more subtle back end vs. front end look with them.

I ordered those license plate frames in white as well and some Nikola Pro wraps. Gonna cover the wheel T's in black and the steering wheel with a black one and matte black center console wraps.