Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for alignment in MD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While this isn't really the kind of answer you were looking for, I just had new tires put on and balanced with a request to the shop to also perform an alignment.

They said they tried to hook their system up to my car but couldn't get it to work and that only Tesla could do the alignment. While I do not know if that is the ground truth of the matter, the end result is that I put in a service visit to have an alignment done (from the waiting room of the shop putting my tires on, even :D ) at the Owings Mills service center.

Tesla was maybe double the price of what the shop had on their prices board. I say maybe because the board listed the price as "starting at $95" so who's to say what they would've actually charged for my car.

I just had mine done at the Rockville SC. I also called around and nobody else wanted to do it - one performance shop called Hunter (manufacturer of alignment systems) and was told that it's a very complicated process and even they recommended just letting Tesla do it. I didn't receive the customary printout of pre/post values like every other alignment I've ever gotten, but I was happy with the results. My front caster was too high and caused rubbing with my wider tires. The car feels significantly better now and the caster is fixed. $211 with tax.

I took my 2013 Tesla Model S to Tires Plus in Crofton, MD a couple of times and they had a technician there that could perform alignments. Worked ok for me. I've been using them for tire replacements since they're quick then decided to get the unlimited alignment package and so far so good.

• Informative
Reactions: kevinf311