Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Tires For 19" Gemini On MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, long story short, recently purchased a set of 19" Geminis for a MYP after the tires on the uberturbines ran out of tread (wanted a softer ride, not to mention the additional cost for 21" tires). What tires are everyone running currently with 19" Geminis? Any feedback and comment would be appreciated, thanks🙏

I'm on my second set of tires. Changed out the OEM Conti's for Vredestein QuatracPro's in July. The ride is better than the Contis (even comparing new vs 36k miles) and the performance in the wet is outstanding but they are definitely louder - no interior foam. Efficiency-wise, they are slightly worse - my lifetime Wh/mi was 272 with the Contis; I'm at 274 now after 6k miles with the Vredesteins - 287 Wh/mi with the Vredesteins. FWIW, most of the 6k miles on the new tires was on the highway, as is the majority of the 42k miles I have on the car now. Overall I'm satisfied with the ride/efficiency trade-off, and these were about $75 less per tire at the time I purchased them. I got them thru Tirerack.

• Informative
Reactions: Cars 97
Does it snow on Mars where you reside? If so then consider the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (AS4) or the Michelin Cross Climate 2 (CC2) tire. Both are available in the standard 19" tire size for the Tesla Model Y (255/45R-19).

See Tirerack.com for a wide selection of wheels and tires for the Tesla Model Y (including Performance Model Y.) If you are interested in 18" wheels that will fit the Tesla Performance Model Y then see TSportline.com.

Does it snow on Mars where you reside? If so then consider the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (AS4) or the Michelin Cross Climate 2 (CC2) tire. Both are available in the standard 19" tire size for the Tesla Model Y (255/45R-19).

See Tirerack.com for a wide selection of wheels and tires for the Tesla Model Y (including Performance Model Y.) If you are interested in 18" wheels that will fit the Tesla Performance Model Y then see TSportline.com.
It doesn't snow where I live, I eventually went with Pilot Sport EVs in the end. There is a considerable increase in range and improvement in ride quality after switching from the uberturbines to Geminis

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe