Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recover teslacam footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to get tesla cam footage if it did not record to usb? The one time i needed it to work it did not somebody hit my 22 model 3 :( and the cam was showing a red x. I think i remember seeing that for a short period footage gets uploaded to tesla.

Thank You

Also out of curiosity from someone who has dealt with any recent similar accident any idea on cost and time frame?

Attachments

• IMG_6527.jpeg
    IMG_6527.jpeg
    721.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6528.jpeg
    IMG_6528.jpeg
    693.1 KB · Views: 52
Is there a way to get tesla cam footage if it did not record to usb? The one time i needed it to work it did not somebody hit my 22 model 3 :( and the cam was showing a red x. I think i remember seeing that for a short period footage gets uploaded to tesla.

Thank You
If it was a severe enough accident (one that activated the crash alert systems) and you opted-in to the "Software > Data Sharing" section, footage may get uploaded to Tesla.
This page shows you how you can request a copy of that data:
Obtain a Copy of the Data Associated With Your Tesla Account

Note however in other threads, people have mentioned Tesla does not provide this data unless you are in states that requires them to do so (like California), but I guess you have nothing to lose trying to ask.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood