Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recurring problems with M3 6 weeks post-delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone else has had the following issues with their M3:

- Regenerative breaking not working properly, states it will resolve as driving continues (has occurred maybe 10 times)
- Right passenger side mirror not opening (has occurred 5+ times)
- Sounds like a loose screw or something rolling around on passenger side -- I have emptied glovebox (was only manuals inside, no personal possessions) but wife seems to think it is under the floor

Thanks in advance.

Regenerative braking reduced WILL always occur at times. It's an indication that the battery is nearly full and can't accept any more charge. It's not a fault, not a problem, just an indication that regen braking is going to be reduced.
Regen will occur with batteries near full and/or cold. i.e. a cold battery at 80% charge is probably going to be regen limited.

Right side mirror is probably something that service needs to look at, use app to schedule an appointment.

There is a plastic cover on the underbody, maybe something is stuck on it. Can you replicate in driveway? If so, have someone outside listening as well.

Regenerative braking reduced WILL always occur at times. It's an indication that the battery is nearly full and can't accept any more charge. It's not a fault, not a problem, just an indication that regen braking is going to be reduced.
Regen will occur with batteries near full and/or cold. i.e. a cold battery at 80% charge is probably going to be regen limited.

Right side mirror is probably something that service needs to look at, use app to schedule an appointment.

There is a plastic cover on the underbody, maybe something is stuck on it. Can you replicate in driveway? If so, have someone outside listening as well.

Thanks, did some research and the regen seems normal.

Just made a mobile service appt for next week re: mirror. Mine happened again yesterday and really bothered me lol

I'll plan on asking about the rolling noise when mobile service comes next week, it happens often when making a tight turn.

Another thing (that just happened) is difficulty with doors unlocking using phone. I feel like 30-40% of the time I have to try several times, I end up taking my phone out of my pocket to see if that helps. I have a somewhat bulky case, anyone else found that problematic?

Another thing (that just happened) is difficulty with doors unlocking using phone. I feel like 30-40% of the time I have to try several times, I end up taking my phone out of my pocket to see if that helps. I have a somewhat bulky case, anyone else found that problematic?
If you have an iPhone, have you enabled locations services for the Tesla app to ‘Always’?

Also, even if you do this, there may be a bug in the app or in iOS where the phone sleeps and the car doesn’t connect to it right away. I’ve experienced the issue a handful of times. Each time, all it took was hitting the side button on my phone to turn the screen on and then the door will unlock. This leads me to suspect it’s a problem on the phone’s end, not the car’s.