Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced Power Alerts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've received several alerts in my 7 month old Model 3. They say "Power Limited. OK to Drive" and "Power Reduced. Exiting and re-entering the vehicle may restore operation". These always occur when I've been driving 70 mph for 15-20 minutes. The service center has had the vehicle for 4 days but have made little progress. They say the can't reproduce the alerts. Any ideas? I'll really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Reactions: Tedkidd
I've received several alerts in my 7 month old Model 3. They say "Power Limited. OK to Drive" and "Power Reduced. Exiting and re-entering the vehicle may restore operation". These always occur when I've been driving 70 mph for 15-20 minutes. The service center has had the vehicle for 4 days but have made little progress. They say the can't reproduce the alerts. Any ideas? I'll really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Did you take a picture of the alert? This happened to me today. I took a picture of the alert. Also, several people on here have had it happen to them so they could check the things that had to be replaced as a result. A couple of people have said it might be our drive unit. Keep me posted.

Happens to me after supercharging.
PXL_20210903_225504288.MP.jpg
PXL_20210903_232040599.MP.jpg

Did you take a picture of the alert?

No need to take a picture. To recall alerts, open the Controls panel, tap Service, then tap the Notifications button. [That button ought to be labeled "Alerts".]

"They say the can't reproduce the alerts." -- That means they were unable to make the problem happen again.

They have access to detailed logs which I'd expect to have enough data to largely isolate the problem, at least down to the front vs. rear drive unit.

If they don't make progress I'd suggest they either request help from service experts or replace the questionable drive unit.

Reactions: Tedkidd