Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced Power and Vehicle Systems Over Temperatuee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've scheduled a service but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.
Driving a 2020 M3 Standard Range, only recently acquired.
About 3 times now, Arcee has thrown a Speed Limited error and given me a notification 'DIR_a126 Power Reduced, Exiting and re-entering the vehicle may restore operation'
Each time, stopping, getting out, or resetting the computer, or Power Off on the screen, it's reset but then within 2 minutes she's Power Reduced again.
I live in the tropics in Cairns, high humidity, gets to 38C during the day. This error seemed to occur if I'd had her stationary, with the aircon or stereo going for whatever reason, for about 5 mins, or after a long charge in the middle of the day. But then it happened today after driving around so not so sure.
She's also thrown an error 'PCS_a078 Vehicle systems over temperature limit' so I'm starting to worry there's a problem with the battery cooling system.
Anyone had this issue?

Attachments

• 20220206_180306.jpg
    20220206_180306.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 20220205_154625.jpg
    20220205_154625.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 188
I would think the car would be able to deal with temps of 38°C. Many locales here in the US can reach those temps and more easily. Arizona, Nevada just to name two. Heck, even here in Wisconsin we may see one every few years or so.

I would contact a service center. How far is the nearest one?

I would think the car would be able to deal with temps of 38°C. Many locales here in the US can reach those temps and more easily. Arizona, Nevada just to name two. Heck, even here in Wisconsin we may see one every few years or so.

I would contact a service center. How far is the nearest one?
Update.
The local Tech called to say they're still waiting on a replacement part.
The notification logs highly suggested the issue was a coolant valve (maybe oil coolant valve) not sealing properly.
Haven't had the issue pop up since I logged the job. But happy they've hopefully found the issue and this will get Arcee in ship shape.

Solved
The issue was a stuck coolant valve.
The tech replaced the part about 4 weeks ago and the issue is gone 😊
I've taken the car on a few long trips which used to set the error off, and now she's perfect, no reduced power errors.
I really loved that Tesla were able to check my error logs and diagnose the problem ahead of schedule, then it just being a matter of turn up and replace the part. Efficient.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and jjrandorin
Solved
The issue was a stuck coolant valve.
The tech replaced the part about 4 weeks ago and the issue is gone 😊
I've taken the car on a few long trips which used to set the error off, and now she's perfect, no reduced power errors.
I really loved that Tesla were able to check my error logs and diagnose the problem ahead of schedule, then it just being a matter of turn up and replace the part. Efficient.
Just having this issue pop up multiple times on a road trip in our Y LR AWD. Did you use the report bug feature, or did they just need the times it happened?

Just having this issue pop up multiple times on a road trip in our Y LR AWD. Did you use the report bug feature, or did they just need the times it happened?
Yeah mate, I just logged a service request through the app, and included photos of the error on the screen.
They called about a week or so after I logged the job, they'd checked my error logs remotely so I didn't need to tell them how frequently the issue occurred.
Hopefully, if it's the same error code as mine, your Model Y will be ship shape in no time 🤞🤞

Reactions: RockyMT