Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral award - 22" Turbines, or 21" Arachnids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Myself and one other member have spoken with Tesla, and this is not true if you have a Model S or X VIN that you'll be transferring the wheels to. I couldn't personally pick them up at the service center to take home, unless a friend with a S or X would let me "borrow" their VIN.

This is the other thing the FAQ says:

My award wheels have arrived at my local Service Center. Can someone else pick up the wheels on my behalf?
Wheel awards can only be picked up by the individuals indicated on your Tesla Account.

So you're saying that Tesla told you that you can both transfer the award to another account, and then base the reward on the cars in that account, even though the FAQ disallows both of those?

This is the other thing the FAQ says:

My award wheels have arrived at my local Service Center. Can someone else pick up the wheels on my behalf?
Wheel awards can only be picked up by the individuals indicated on your Tesla Account.

So you're saying that Tesla told you that you can both transfer the award to another account, and then base the reward on the cars in that account, even though the FAQ disallows both of those?

Yes. Multiple instances of this has been reported.

Also: BUMP for $3300 for the 22" Turbines

Last edited: