Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regen braking stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Picked up my Model 3 a while ago and today, the regenerative braking stopped working. My battery state-of-charge is at 60% so I know it's not b/c i'm charged near full or abnormal temperature (78 degrees). Tried restarting the screen as well as powering down but no luck there. Newb here on the forumn. Any insight on the issue is appreciated. Anything else I missed in trying to reset it? Prefer a reset (if there is one) over taking it to service center.

Hi all. Picked up my Model 3 a while ago and today, the regenerative braking stopped working. My battery state-of-charge is at 60% so I know it's not b/c i'm charged near full or abnormal temperature (78 degrees). Tried restarting the screen as well as powering down but no luck there. Newb here on the forumn. Any insight on the issue is appreciated. Anything else I missed in trying to reset it? Prefer a reset (if there is one) over taking it to service center.

Hi, as of last week my regen has been absent. It had been in the mid to high 80’s (so not cold) and definitely not a full charge. I did unexpectedly have all 4 rotors replaced just prior. (at 20k and almost 4 years.) which they said was great! Really? On what planet? I’m a one pedal driver. Mechanics tried to tell me this morning it’s because it was 52 degrees? But couldn’t explain why I had no regen in 85 degrees weather last week?
Drives just like when the car is 100% charged.
Any thoughts? Update 9?
Thanks!

I had a flat tire earlier in the day and had a temporary tire with different size put on to get to Tesla service. According to Tesla service center, the computer saw the differences in rotation of that tire compared to the others and thinks there is something wrong so it disabled the regen. The service center replaced the tire and everything was back to normal.

@keeper0 let us know if your issue is similar or if it is something else entirely.

Updated to the latest version today - Also had my tires rotated (first time) and now my regen is no longer working. At all. It will at times start doing the regen WHILE I am braking, making driving incredibly dangerous.

No idea what the issue may be. I did get a tire replaced a month or so ago, but that had no effect on it. But now all of a sudden after the update and tire rotation it is almost not drivable. The car feels broken.