Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration disaster...no customer service..no resolution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I order a MYP and took delivery on Nov 3 at the old Rockville SC. I handed them a check and drove back to WV with a temp tag. I get a text from a 510 area code on Dec 19th that they have lost our check and that we need to get another one from our credit union. Mind you our temp tag expires on 1/1/23 and they keep texting us saying we are working on it. We go get another check and take it back to the Rockville SC on Dec 27th (over an 1 1/2 from our home one way) and wasting a work day to do it. We meet with Nishil there who knew exactly who we were and what the problem was as soon as we walked in. We wait around over an hour while they get us new temp tags and get a fed ex envelope ready to ship the new check to Freemont. We leave and come home. Then at 8:30 that night we get a text from Nishil stating that they accidentally sent the check back to us at our home and NOT FREEMONT. They informed us to get the check and hold it as they send us another fed ex envelope with a fed envelope inside. We are suppose to get it open it and put the check in it and send it to Freemont ourselves. UNREAL right? SO we did all of this and we were told it would be expedited once received. We have been texting every since asking where our registration packet is, we keep getting we are working on it . Now by this time it is 1/16/23 the 2nd set of temp tags expire 1/31/23 and we still have NOT paid the taxes to our state (so purchased it in 2022 and now it's 2023). I have called and waited on hold up to 2 1/2 hours at Freemont and at Rockville numbers and no one picks up. This is just UNREAL at this point. I have asked for some kind of compensation for the missed work and miles that we have incurred due to this and we are told to contact the local SC...HA....like we can get a hold of anyone!

I am at a loss here as what to do. I am worried that we are going to get a ticket, or a fine for registering it so late. I am concerned that the ax thing is going to be an issue. Our credit union keeps emailing and sending us notices about not receiving the title, even though they can see that they stopped payment on the first check and are waiting for the second one to get cashed. Does anyone have a better number or email to Tesla for this issue?

Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: Deaf Paul