Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove backseat bench in 2024 highland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ThisStockGood

Still cruising my Model S 70 2015
Aug 28, 2016
Denmark
Hi,
taking delivery of af M3 2024 Highland SR next week.
Wanna try to camp in it and I found guides on how to remove the bench in the backseat temporarily to get a flat bed (loosen two clips and two wire connections underneath). But all these guides were about earlier models (pre 2024).
Anyone how knows if this is the same procedure in Highland 2024? Will I get any error codes, if I drive without the backseat bench connected to the harness?

Thanks

Will I get any error codes, if I drive without the backseat bench connected to the harness?

The two wires connections (left and right) are a little but tricky to disconnect and the wires are a little bit short .
You will need to use a tiny flat screwdriver to push the clip locking the connector, and maybe use your phone flashlight.

Since I quite often remove the backseat bench to carry bicycles and put it back when I have passengers.
Most of the time I don't plug back the connectors, since I don't need to heat up the seats, especially in summer.
The only draw back is that you don't get a warning if the rear passengers don't buckle up their seat belt.

About the error codes, they will show up only when looking at the Service Mode.

I would recommend, after removing the backseat bunch, to put a large piece of cardboard all over the area,
because there are some braces who will make otherwise a mark on the back seat cover when it will be folded down.

When putting back the bench, the seat belt buckles are a little bit tricky to put them back through the seat openning.
So I use some seatbelt extensions (See my posting #3) to help when putting back the rearseat bench. But I use those seatbelt
extensions because I noticed that rear passengers have difficulty to buckle up, and often the rear right passenger will try to use the middle seat buckle.