Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replace 19' OEM Pirelli PZ4 with 19' Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (2022 Model S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 17k miles on my Pirelli OEM PZ4 that came with my 2022 Model S LR (19 inch tires). They are 85% worn. Was thinking about the
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 to replace them. I'm looking for a smoother ride and better wear. Anyone have anything to say about the Michelin Pilot All Season 4 ?
Will they ride better than the Pirelli. I live in SoCal, but I don't need the best 100% dry traction (although I do go up to the mountains on occassion). Coming off a BMW 750i, the Tesla's ride is a bit harsh, so a smoother tire would go a long way and thought the Michelin would ride better. There is an option for the Continentals in the 19" size, but its another OEM tire - which I'm reluctant to consider.
Thanks,
Demo

UPDATE - So I purchased the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season (19' inch rims - 285/40 and 255/55) - 2022 MS LR.

Coming off Pirelli Pzero OEM - 18k on them. They had another 2000 miles left, but I change tires at 4/32 wear (I do not wait until they are 2/32)
Here's my observations after 300 miles and one week:
Ride is somewhat better. Noise - slightly more, but not unpleasant or an issue. Seems like traction is excellent.
Hoping to get more wear on these (Treadwear is 540 vs. 280 on the PIrelli), and second, better rain/cold rain capability. Will now soon

Only downside, mileage is off by about 5% - i was at 294/mi and now at 305/mil (although the tires are new - may get better mileage over time)

Noise. I took off all door panels. There are several sound deading insulation u can put in the doors. I used Rubber matt. Hard rubber with sticky back. Roll it on. Then I put sound insulation. It is sooo quiet now. I put the very thick insulation under back seat.
My antique rides like a stiff sports car. I have the original air suspension. Everyone expects it to ride like a softy. It does not. I've had about ten sets of tires, can't feel the difference.

Noise. I took off all door panels. There are several sound deading insulation u can put in the doors. I used Rubber matt. Hard rubber with sticky back. Roll it on. Then I put sound insulation. It is sooo quiet now. I put the very thick insulation under back seat.
My antique rides like a stiff sports car. I have the original air suspension. Everyone expects it to ride like a softy. It does not. I've had about ten sets of tires, can't feel the difference.
I've thought about doing this. Could you provide links to materials?