Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Tire Suggestions for 2018 Model 3 Extended Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's time to replace the tires. I have 45K on the original tires in 30 months of driving. Based on some of the other threads, 45K looks pretty good. Currently have the Continental ProContact 235/40 R19 96W XL. Not sophisticated enough of a driver to the nuances I've seen discussed. Winter weather is not an issue, nor are high speed requirements beyond XWay driving. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Wow I just past 40k and change my tires. I got vereistein quadtrac 5 after people here said it’s good. I’m on 10 miles on it so I can’t say much for impressions but I research this tire in terms of efficiency (I don’t want to lose any) as well as ride quality and it’s pretty as far as reviews.

Well I am jealous. I have the same tires on my 2019 Model 3 with just shy of 20,000 miles. I had them rotated at around 12K and the Tesla service center stated I will need tires soon. The tread wear marker is almost even with th tread. Any driving techniques you use that would make the tread last longer? We do use the high energy braking assist setting. I am located in Florida so maybe the hot flat roads and mostly city driving we do make the tires wear quicker. Just odd that you are getting double the amount of miles on your Model 3 tires compared to mine. I am just thinking I should find a better tires that will last longer when I replace them.

Well I am jealous. I have the same tires on my 2019 Model 3 with just shy of 20,000 miles. I had them rotated at around 12K and the Tesla service center stated I will need tires soon. The tread wear marker is almost even with th tread. Any driving techniques you use that would make the tread last longer? We do use the high energy braking assist setting. I am located in Florida so maybe the hot flat roads and mostly city driving we do make the tires wear quicker. Just odd that you are getting double the amount of miles on your Model 3 tires compared to mine. I am just thinking I should find a better tires that will last longer when I replace them.
I rotated mine about every 7K miles. I did a lot of road trips (35K miles in the 18 months before Covid). My tire people found uneven treadwear, so I'll need an alignment at the time of replacement. The hottest locations visited were in South Carolina in the summer, but just for days at a time. I use the Regenerative Braking as much as possible, nothing more. The temps might be the defining factor. Wonder if any other Floridians found the same issues with hot roads??