Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request: auto license plate blur function

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about preventing people from filing false hit and run reports for starters? Better safe than sorry despite the low odds. Access to information also isn't quite as tight as the article suggests. Lots of people out there willing to sell information for a fee.

It only takes a few seconds to do yourself so I wouldn't expect it to be included in the functionality of this site though. Personally, I would but understand if others don't feel it's warranted.

Ahh, thank you.

I used to not worry about it, but I was copying the senses of others, since I didn't know why they were doing it.

It's odd that they started getting blurred out exactly when that stupid law got passed.

Ever since I was a kid I knew I could write to the California DMV and get the information about anybody by their license plate number any time I wanted. That gave me great comfort that I could track down some criminals this way. It does not surprise me at all that Clinton slipped this pro-criminal law into the federal books in 1994 and I didn't even know about it. We are publicly identified in public every time we show our face anywhere; everyone in our town knows us by face (at least before we turned too urban to have too many people in one town) and that's the way it should continue to be, otherwise, we could not have a reasonable society. That should continue to our automobiles. If technology can help us grow our society to work with larger numbers by continuing that ability to know the identity of everyone around us, that would make us all a better society, in the same way that everyone having a gun (especially a hidden gun) would make us all less criminal and more polite. Once again, I find myself finding another immoral thing Clinton did that he slipped in in the dark of night.

Anyway, I've always thought it was silly to cover license plate numbers, but now I know it's even more silly. I will not worry about it any more.

Sincerely,
Brad Allen

Reactions: HankLloydRight