Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent updates my wife is excited about getting Model Y. We have day 1 reservation. With the 7 seats still pointing to 2021 we are looking to change to 5 seats. When I go to the change option on the site when i remove the $3,000 option it ends up being $1,550 more expensive. Which I get why, but would be nice to be less. I went to call today and instead submitted a question online and waiting to hear back. Curious if anyone else has directly requested a change with them still honoring original price? Hard to change and pay more for less.

I was able to do this via my delivery advisor with my 3. Can't remember the specifics anymore but I think it was to switch over to white seats. Was able to keep my original pricing on everything else.

Please let us know if you have luck changing. I'm still waffling on color (blue currently, thinking about switching to white and getting it wrapped) or if I want the performance upgrade package with the decrease in range. Ah... first world decisions...

I changed my wheels to the induction wheels because they changed my 19" sport wheels to the gemini one. I wasn't patient so I changed it myself. Now I have to pay $1490 more which I could have used for something else like acceleration boost. Don't be like me.

Why not change your order? It can be changed 30days prior to delivery. But at the moment the LR RWD orders cannot be changed. I also took the sport wheel option but got upgraded to the induction wheels, but the range is less with those. I have not been able to change back to the Gemini wheels because apparently the LR RWD is not being offered at this time. I wonder what Tesla will do with all the preorders?