Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS location "stuck", lost AP features, cameras also don't work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is 2019 SR+ Model 3 running v11.1 (2024.2.7 d522c44937f7)

Yesterday, after leaving work, I noticed several things:

1. My car's position on my screen never changed from my work
  2. When I backed into my garage, all three cameras were black
  3. I have no visualizations on basic AP. No cars, lights, signs, nothing
I've submitted a service request and just waiting to hear back from my local SC. In the meantime, I've done some research and found several posts on here and reddit about very similar experiences that are all within 3-4 months ago. I've gone into my service mode and found the falling errors (see attached) and the following ECU Faults.

I've reset my DAS which didn't change anything. The other things I've read is re-installing the current firmware or doing a full hard reset by disconnecting the 12v and HV battery cable underneath the rear seat. I'm waiting to hear from Tesla before I do those two things as I don't want to possibly mess my car up more or possibly brick it and have to have it towed.

Just was curious if anyone had any other insight as to what is going on. TIA!

IMG_9604.JPG

Hmm, I don't think I can edit a post. Basically I'm having all the same symptoms and I suspect it is due to one of the latest updates. Tesla tried to remotely diagnose the car, but they said that I have to bring it in. Car is a 2019 Model 3 LR. Car worked fine until latest update. Now the cameras are black, no visualization stuff, and no gps. I checked service mode and it showed the AP computer in core dump or whatever. Service has ordered a replacement computer just in case it is needed. Quoted me about $815 to fix, which includes Low Voltage Integrity check for $285 and a new computer for $461. My appt is next Tuesday, but if anyone has info on a similar problem let me know!

Yeah sounds like that. But seems whack that I have to replace something one of Tesla's updates broke. The car was working perfectly before. I usually just update as soon as they come up, but now i might be more discerning about applying updates if it could destroy everything. Also I forgot to mention that since this has been happening for about a week. Occasionally the gps/cameras/autopilot just magically starts working. I park and then drive a while later and its broke again. It has randomly worked maybe 3 times this week.