Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RICH BUILDS VS CYBERTRUCK OWNERS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hea Team,
Watched RichBuilds vid on the cybertruck...he hit some points stating, this that and the other, its a basic truck with tesla add ons, yada yada, it's a mediocre truck with XXX--- my only skin in the game is I recently got a Model Y. don't have any axe to grind with SPACE-X/TESLA/X+TWITTER/BORING COMP.
I would absolutely love to hear from owners of the "CT"
1) is it just a daily driver
2) is it just cool
3) is it a ""WORK""TRUCK""
4) did it replace (TOYOTA/HONDA/FORD/CHEVYNISSAN-DATSUN)
5)OFF-ROAD IT DOES (X)
6) Drove through snow and---
7) drove through sand and...
8) Drove through New England, didn't use blinker, gave the finger instead
9) Drove through Boston opted to use Horn instead of brakes...
10) Did you grow up watching ARK II and waited since the 70's to get your own ROAMER?

Thanx/Arigato

I dont have one yet, but ran into a buddy of mine who has owned all the Teslas but the original Roadster. He summary was:

1. Daily driver, likes his Teslas in this order; CT, Y, S, 3, X. He & I both agreed that the X was basically a $80K minivan, heavy, doesn't handle as well etc.
2. so cool he has been late to pretty much everything due to all the crazy people stopping him for pics and selfies.
3. He is retired, so work is the following, mowing his yard, yard debris, trips to the beach, hunting, ATV movement etc..
4. He kept all his Teslas and just added this one. His prior daily was a Model Y which he felt is Teslas best product.
5. didnt talk to him about that
6. dont know
7. Yes, no issues in Delaware in the OSV area.
8. Finger was given to a judge in NY, but he didn't elaborate.
9. He’s running around northern virginia, 6 different friends of mine have called asking if it was my truck… still waiting.
10. I grew up watching ARK, I already have a ROAMER, but it’s a kitted out FJ with Overlanding stuff and a overland trailer with 33” on it . I never asked him if he watched ARK. BTW we both bought for the same reason, he was a retired 82nd Airborne guy who got stuck in this, both of us ended up with compromised lungs, and put of of the service, with lung related ailments.

• Love
Reactions: Dangaurd_Ace
I dont have one yet, but ran into a buddy of mine who has owned all the Teslas but the original Roadster. He summary was:

1. Daily driver, likes his Teslas in this order; CT, Y, S, 3, X. He & I both agreed that the X was basically a $80K minivan, heavy, doesn't handle as well etc.
2. so cool he has been late to pretty much everything due to all the crazy people stopping him for pics and selfies.
3. He is retired, so work is the following, mowing his yard, yard debris, trips to the beach, hunting, ATV movement etc..
4. He kept all his Teslas and just added this one. His prior daily was a Model Y which he felt is Teslas best product.
6. dont know
9. He’s running around northern virginia, 6 different friends of mine have called asking if it was my truck… still waiting.
10. I grew up watching ARK, I already have a ROAMER, but it’s a kitted out FJ with Overlanding stuff and a overland trailer with 33” on it . I never asked him if he watched ARK. BTW we both bought for the same reason, he was a retired 82nd Airborne guy who got stuck in this, both of us ended up with compromised lungs, and put of of the service, with lung related ailments.

6. dont know
hea brother,
Thanx for the reply,
and thanx for your service!!!
I had to bring up ARK II, cause when the CT first came out, the wife asked what I thought and showed her the ROAMER

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I've had the dual motor for a couple of weeks. I'll start with two qualifying statements. I don't haul things for a living, and I'm not an avid off-roader. The only thing I tow is a jet ski to the lake, 20 minutes away, and a trailer occasionally loaded with random stuff (yard waste, junk, furniture, etc). All my trailer trips are within 30 miles (60-mile round trip). I'm coming from a Model 3 and Y. Before that I owned Honda SUVs and Toyota Tacoma in college. I wanted the feel of a Tesla but with the ability to do the things I described above. This truck checks both boxes. I work from home and travel for work, so no regular commute. Basically, "normal driving" and a trip to the airport every few weeks (220 miles round trip). It feels like driving a spaceship. I like the way it looks, but I thought the Honda Element was a great-looking car. The ride is comfortable, the seats are comfortable, and has all the "Tesla Features." I honestly couldn't be happier with it at this point. Steer by Wire should be on every car. No issues with the bed, or the truck features. My truck has no issues, and all the panels are aligned properly, but that's how my other two cars were (I've never used the service center in 5 years of owning Teslas). The only downside is the attention, positive and negative. I had a guy follow me home and approach me as I got out of the truck in my driveway. I also had a weird guy start shouting "Hey Elon Musk" over and over at me in an IKEA parking lot, but most people are really nice and very curious. I suspect this will all die down in a few months. Overall, happy with the truck.

I use the CT as a daily driver. It’s very cool, I get mostly good feedback. It’s less of a unicorn here in Austin.

I’ve not done much “truck stuff” yet, other than to help friends move.

IDK why Rich was so critical, it’s a blast to drive and 4wSbW is outstanding.

• Love
Reactions: Dangaurd_Ace